Sofa No. 1 - Frank Zappa

Thank you! Yes it is one of his calmer songs, I thought it would translate well to ukulele.

9/10 for the performance + 99/10 for the comfy dog that can't wait for you to stop so he (she?) can go to sleep.

Ich bin pup's sofa !

Great vid and your dog seems to enjoy it too.

Thanks for sharing.

fantastic! well done , Ive always wanted to play zappa on the ukulele, but its always a touch too challenging for me

fantastic! well done , Ive always wanted to play zappa on the ukulele, but its always a touch too challenging for me

Thanks! I have a couple more Zappa tunes on my youtube channel if you want to check them out. (Peaches En Regalia, Take Your Clothes Off When You Dance/ What's The Ugliest Part of Your Body?)

Thanks! I have a couple more Zappa tunes on my youtube channel if you want to check them out. (Peaches En Regalia, Take Your Clothes Off When You Dance/ What's The Ugliest Part of Your Body?)

Where did you get the music for it, just curious

Where did you get the music for it, just curious

Sofa and TYCOWYD/WTUPOYB I did by ear from the originals. For Peaches I used Pollo Del Mar's cover of the song to figure most of the chords out, and then a combination of that version and the original to figure out the lead lines I used. And for Peaches, once I had the chords figured out I played the song a step down from the original key to give me more open chords to work with.

Top Bottom