FS: Mya-Moe Tenor Curly Myrtle Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recstar24

Reaction score
My previous thread sort of got hijacked, so I figured might as well start a fresh one with a recording. #1258 bought as a in stock instrument in January, and while played lovingly, in the same condition as received. There are no strum marks on the top and the instrument is immaculately built as you would expect from mya moe. Reason for selling is to fund for some other ukes, and I'll be receiving a new custom mya moe in March.

Peghed tuners
Worth clears
Curly Myrtle top back sides
Walnut binding and rosette
Ebony board and bridge
OHSC

Looking for $1200 or best offer. Prefer to sell, but would be open to trades for other high quality tenors. Below are pics and a recording.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/71m6c28awi3m7ai/mya%20moe%20myrtle%20tenor.mp3?dl=0

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
This is a lovely Myrtle wood ukulele, plus Mya-Moe high standard build. If I have spare fund and in US, I would not hesitate to visit & buy this one as gift to my close friends. I wish you a successful sell.

Great playing Ryan, sounds fabulous. You know that this particular instrument and your pleasure in it was a big reason I bought my Mya Moe tenor.

Somebody needs to buy this, excellent price on a beautiful looking and sounding instrument. Best of luck.

I just can't believe this uke hasn't been bought yet. It's gorgeous, sounds beautiful and a crazy good price. Just wish I had the funds. This is a great deal Ryan, especially looking at what some Mya Moe's are going for currently. Friends, I have owned my share of MMs and they are peerless in terms of note clarity and sweetness of tone.

I just can't believe this uke hasn't been bought yet. It's gorgeous, sounds beautiful and a crazy good price. Just wish I had the funds. This is a great deal Ryan, especially looking at what some Mya Moe's are going for currently. Friends, I have owned my share of MMs and they are peerless in terms of note clarity and sweetness of tone.

Totally concur and Ryan is such a nice person to deal with.

This MM calls to me in so many ways. I'm still working on the wife's approval. Might have to sell off all my other ukes first, but she is wearing down.:iwant:

This MM calls to me in so many ways. I'm still working on the wife's approval. Might have to sell off all my other ukes first, but she is wearing down.:iwant:

May the force be with you. I'll throw in a personal white glove drop off at your door myself since you are 20 miles from me ;)

May the force be with you. I'll throw in a personal white glove drop off at your door myself since you are 20 miles from me ;)

A gift card for dinner for two as well might just seal the deal, Ryan ... LOL.

Thanks Jon! Would love to keep her but you know how it is, us boys want our toys but we need to sell old ones to get news one it seems ;)

Ryan, most nearly all instruments have peghead tuners. That is where they are placed. That part of the ukulele is also known as the headstock. What makes your ukulele so special about the tuners is that they are is that they are PEGHED tuners. Unlike a Chinese copy which has a 45 day warranty, the ones on yours are warranted for life. As beautiful as the grain of the wood iis and the sound it produces, I wonder if it will become the environmentally friendly replacement for koa. it makes me cringe to think of all of the cords of it I have sent to southern California for firewood. Two of my newest custom builts are myrtle. Your wood comes from Curry County ,Oregon from a man who uses the same quality of wood for his guitars and ukuleles. The price is MUCH more than what you are asking for yours. Whoever gets it will come to realize what a masterpiece they have.

Thanks Bill for the Peghed clarification and the backstory on where this piece of Myrtle comes from!

Great playing Ryan, sounds fabulous. You know that this particular instrument and your pleasure in it was a big reason I bought my Mya Moe tenor.

Somebody needs to buy this, excellent price on a beautiful looking and sounding instrument. Best of luck.

Thanks Dave! I am happy to spread the love, that is for sure ;) appreciate the comment!

Just listened to the sound demo Ryan. Fabulous brother! The uke has a really crisp,clean sound. Very, very nice. And that shot at Freight Train sounded wicked.

Gotta say it's incredible this hasn't sold. Makes me wonder what's going on with the uke market at the moment. When a MM classic tenor in essentially new condition aint sellin at this ridiculously low price you gotta think the ass has fallen out of the market. So wish I could take this off you mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom