Guitalele ?

Robin Harrison

Reaction score
Any helpful comments gratefully received....
1..........when my daughter comes to visit by public transport she has a hard time bringing her Taylor guitar and asked last night if I could find her a beater to live here.
2..........I have both a linear & re-entrant long scale tenor ukes but I am finding the low g is easier ( being newish to the instrument) to figure out when accompanying myself finger style on songs.
Also on the low g, I'm starting to wish I could go down a string or two to get a bit more Travis-style picking going on.

This leads me to wonder if these two points intersect at a guitalele.
I'm committed at this time to the 'ukulele so am not going to switch to guitar but I also have a guitar teacher round the corner so I could probably get lessons from him that would accelerate my uke learning and she could use it when home.

It makes sense to me but am I missing something ?
Thanks.........

If your daughter asked if you can find a beater guitar to keep at the house for her, find a beater guitar.

If you want to get a guitalele for yourself to fiddle with and find out if it would work for your needs, then do that. But don't try to get one as an "all in one" solution to this, unless your daughter agrees that a guitalele would work.

Top Bottom