Kremona Ukulele? Should I have gone Martin?

spidercan

Reaction score
Does anybody have experience with this brand?
I went to my local shop to purchase, with the intention of purchasing a Martin t1k and got convinced into buying a Kremona Mari model which was all solid mahogany. It was marked down to $350 from $600, but my only other uke is an entry lanikai soprano so I don't completely trust my ear.

Last edited:
I went to my local shop to purchase, with the intention of purchasing a Martin t1k and got convinced into buying a Kremona Mari model which was all solid mahogany. It was marked down to $350 from $600, but my only other uke is an entry lanikai soprano so I don't completely trust my ear.

Let's hear a sound sample and then you can get an opinion from another guy who doesn't trust his ear.

Kremona has a good reputation for classical guitars which are nylon string instruments so potentially could do a good job with ukulele.

Do you like it? Didn't you try the Martin? I can't tell you what to think about a ukulele I don't have in my hands. It's yours. You decide if it is a keeper.

The Kremona company is located in Bulgaria AFAIK. I've read online on UU as well as other forums that they are considered quality mid-level to upper-mid-level instruments, on par with the upper range of Kala and also in the same league as some the Martins, but they are not as widely known as Bruko or RISA, so there are not as many reviews, but from what I've read, if I came across a deal such as yours, I'd grab the Kremona and run like a bandit and have no regrets if I liked the sound and playability.

If you like the instrument, then I'd not worry about getting hoodwinked, you can always sell it later and get a Martin. You'd probably find lots of interest here on the Marketplace section of the forum.

Yep, I agree with Booli. I don't know a thing about Kremona guitars or ukes, but if you like it, it sounds/looks good, and is easy and fun to play, AND you feel like you got a good deal, WTH? None of my ukes are on a par with a Martin, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy playing them.

Ah yes that was my concern, that there was something wrong with the brand or the ukulele itself. But everything seems fine and it really is a beautiful great sounding uke.

Top Bottom