First String Change Success! Thanks to all the YouTubers

jollyboy

Reaction score
Just successfully completed my first ever full string change! And am now feeling really manly. I may go outside and chop some wood, or maybe wrestle a bear :p

Many thanks to all the folks who have tutorials up on YouTube. I would have been totally lost otherwise. As it was, armed with the collective wisdom of the online hive mind, it all went pretty smoothly.

Now I have a nice new set of fluorocarbons on my Ohana and it is sounding pretty sweet :)

Congratulations! Yes, that was pretty scary for me also, and I waited extra long because I fretted over messing it up and then not being able to play. It was almost tempting to just buy a new uke. ;)

Youtube, and the internet in general, have been great blessings for all areas of self-learning.

Yay, WTG! I was nervous the first time too. It gets better. Now I can even change strings on an 8 hole bridge, which is not easy. Thank the gods and goddesses for you tube!

Congrats! Good job! That first one (or two or three) can be terrifying. I still get the "stringing it up and scared it's going to snap" / "turn it away from my eyes" tense.

Top Bottom