Zircote Tenor Photo Set

BR Ukuleles

Reaction score
This one is a commission for a returning client that already has one Zircote Tenor from me. Guess they must really like it. ;)

The soundboard is Sitka Spruce with a mild bear claw pattern. Bindings, rosette and scratch plate are Australian Blackwood. Fret board, bridge and peg head in Ebony. Pickup is a K&K Aloha Twin. Finish high gloss lacquer.

Zircote and Sitka Tenor-5.jpgZircote and Sitka Tenor-6.jpgZircote and Sitka Tenor-12.jpgZircote and Sitka Tenor-13.jpgZircote and Sitka Tenor-15.jpg

Your instruments are amazing! Stunning workmanship. Do you do your own photography, or is it done professionally? As one who is familiar with cameras, I think your photos really show off the beauty of your work, admirably. The last photo of the headstock is a prime example!

Bob

I do all the building, photography, website, Facebook, packing, shipping, marketing and what not myself. My wife does the books thankfully.

There just isn't anyway that it's feasible to pay someone to do these tasks for you and leave anything left over. The amount of time I spend doing non building related business could be at least as much time as actually glueing up bits of wood.

You are talented in many ways, thanks for taking the time to share your work, it gives me incentive to strive on!

Bob

I do all the building, photography, website, Facebook, packing, shipping, marketing and what not myself. My wife does the books thankfully.

There just isn't anyway that it's feasible to pay someone to do these tasks for you and leave anything left over. The amount of time I spend doing non building related business could be at least as much time as actually glueing up bits of wood.

Hadn't heard of world class uke making described as "glueing up bits of wood" before. Your work is stunning.

shes a looker Allen!

One day I aim to aspire to make instruments to the same standard as your instruments. I started building last year and am now looking for some professional training course here in the UK to help me on my way... Not too sure what's on offer! England, Wales, Scotland... There must be someone offering luthier training courses or one week build courses?

There are bound to be some class's in your area. You might ask Pete Howlett if he's doing any or know of others. If you're up for a holiday in Australia, I offer a one week course.

Other than that, really the best advice I can offer is just to get out in the workshop and persevere. It doesn't happen overnight that's for sure. Also most importantly, put your instruments in the hands of good muso's and ask for honest feedback on how to improve them. I still do that and always come away with ideas on how to improve.

I'm having a go at a micro uke at present (just posted thread), no plans to follow, just taking ideas from Bill Plants Ukelele Building book. It is a shame Australia isn't next door... Perhaps one day I'll be there. Thanks for the encouragement. Regards Uk-Al-lele.

One day I aim to aspire to make instruments to the same standard as your instruments. I started building last year and am now looking for some professional training course here in the UK to help me on my way... Not too sure what's on offer! England, Wales, Scotland... There must be someone offering luthier training courses or one week build courses?

Contact Pete Howlett, he's looking for a dedicated person to learn from him. It would be much longer than a week though. If you really want to learn, live in the UK and are serious about making a great instrument, Pete would be the man.

Top Bottom