4 Years Playing Ukulele Today

kaizersoza

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I know I don't post on here as often as I used to, I still check in about twice a week to see what is happening and read all your posts, I started playing ukulele 4 years to the day 15th June 2011, having never played a musical instrument in my life, it changed my life literally

In that time I, along with another member of UU 'Roblat', started The Swansea Ukulele Club in South Wales UK, sadly due to work commitments I can no longer attend, but the club is still going strong thanks to Roblat who started it up with me, he is a rock and deserves a lot of credit

I also started a band, we are called 'Ukoholix' and we have been together for over 3 years, playing locally and around the British Isles, again due to work commitments I have had to give up leading the band, however I am still an active member of the band and we are going from strength to strength, we have helped to raise thousands of £££'s for charity and local community projects

None of the above would have been possible if it wasn't for this excellent site and great, friendly members who help out beginners on their first awkward steps when learning the uke, I would like to thank you all for the advice you all gave me when I first dipped my toe into the ukulele water and whenever I reached a wall or a plateau you were there to guide me through, I thank you all, I have posted a pic of our current band line up, I am the one with a massive smile at the back lol

Here's to the next 4 years :cool:

Kaizer

band.jpg

A very happy Annversary to you. Great post with a lot of sincere heart felt sentiment. The ukulele really can change lives can't it.

When you said you were a member of a "band" you were not joking were you. Holy Smokes that is a lot of people, looks like so much fun. Congratulations on everything.

Happy anniversary! So many accomplishments in such a relatively short period of time, that's quite amazing. Here's to many more years of ukulele-playing! :cheers:

Good for you. Four years is great. I'll use you as my role model and hope that I'm still going strong after four years.

Happy Anniversary and here's to the next 4 years and the next 40!!!! Wow, you have also done a lot for the instrument in a short amount of time. Folks like you are one of the reasons I like playing ukulele - the people in the ukulele culture are usually so cool!!!!

Congratulations on your anniversary and for traveling so far along your music journey in that time. I hope you continue to find great satisfaction and fulfillment through music.

Awesome post Rich

totally concur with your sentiments. I experienced the same support and warm friendship when I first joined also mate. Glad to know you still have the chance to pop in regularly. And bloody amazing what you have achieved in music and charity work in such an incredibly short time. Long may it continue brother.

jon

Top Bottom