FT: My Bass Guitar for your Ukulele!

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm pretty new here and haven't posted too much, but that's because I don't have a ukulele yet! So, to rectify this I am seeing if anyone is interested in a trade. I'd like to trade my 5-string Spector bass guitar for your ukulele! Preferably a tenor or baritone ukulele, but make me an offer! Here are the specs on my bass:

5-string Spector Spectorcore. This one is teal and has a fretted neck. Plays great and has been my main gigging bass for about a year.

A few dings but nothing too serious, and nothing that penetrates the paint.

Copyofspectorcore1.jpg

spectorcore4.jpg

spectorcore3.jpg

These are the details from the Spector Website:

• Semi-Hollow Spectorcore Body w/F Hole
• Acoustically designed tone chambers
• 3 pc Bolt-On Rock Maple Neck, 24 Fret Rosewood Fingerboard, 35" scale
• FISHMAN Bass PowerBridge, FISHMAN PowerChip EQ System
• Black Hardware
• EMG-HZ passive pickup, passive tone control
• Width at nut 1.769", string spacing at bridge .672", fingerboard radius 16"
• Truss rod allen wrench size 5mm, bridge allen wrench size 2mm

For a price range I'd probably sell this for about $400 US, while on Ebay and other sites these sell for about $500 and up. So, a Uke around $400 +/- cash would be what I am looking for, but I would be okay with losing a bit of money on this one to get a solid uke.

Last edited:
Spectors sure are pretty. My bassist plays one. For any who are interested, Id have to say that Spectors are top notch for playability at a budget. They are a great mid level investment, and they sound great. If I had a 400$ uke to trade id trade it myself.

I agree

Yep. You need to hold out for a uke that is worth about $400.00 :)

Thanks! I would agree as well. For their price Spectors are definitely quality instruments. I figured the chances of someone having a $400 Uke that they would want to trade AND be interested in a bass guitar were pretty slim, but I thought I would throw it out there and see. I'd be okay with a ukulele + cash or my bass + cash for a more expensive uke as well.

Bump! I'm open to any trades, really. I shouldn't limit myself to tenors. I'd be down with any size or style. Make me an offer and we can hash out some details!

Bump! I have new strings that I'm going to put on whenever I stop being lazy. So new strings and a sexy looking bass. Any offers on ukes between $250 and $400!!

Top Bottom