Changing Jack to strap button?

bunnyf

Reaction score
Id like to move a pickup from a less frequently used uke into my new regular player. I don't want a hole left in the first uke and I really want a strap button. Any suggestions?

I've thought about this also because I never liked the combo strap button jack. One idea is to just use a dowel to fill the hole, then add a regular strap button with a felt washer to cover some of the dowel.

Or just leave the strap button jack in your uke and buy another. It's only a "hole" if you're looking at it end on.

Hey there big kahuna! It's a mi-si in there now and I'm thinking the whole thing has to come out. I don't want to leave a hole, especially since I want a strap anyway. Camsuke, I think that looks like a good idea. Gonna look thru MF at parts and see what I can come up with. Thanx

Hey there big kahuna! It's a mi-si in there now and I'm thinking the whole thing has to come out. I don't want to leave a hole, especially since I want a strap anyway. Camsuke, I think that looks like a good idea. Gonna look thru MF at parts and see what I can come up with. Thanx

Check http://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and_Parts/Endpins_and_Bridge_Pins/

This might be the very thing you're looking for!
http://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and_Parts/Endpins_and_Bridge_Pins/NoJak_Endpin.html

you've%20won%20the%20Internet%20-%20Steve%20Carell.jpg

The endpin on Taylor and Larivee guitars are designed to fit ½" jack hole and looks quite neat. Cheaper alternatives may be available on eBay.

ad10.jpg

Thanks river driver, that NoJack end pin looks perfect. I don't think the tapered ones would work, hole is probably too large and no tapered, but the no Jack will fit the bill.
Pickerjohn that end pin will do the job too. Thanks again guys. Problem solved. Time to order a part and get to work.

I'd like to move a MiSi + Baggs Element to a different uke too.
Heard moving the Element undersaddle piezo wasn't recommended.
Are you doing that or just moving the MiSi pre-amp part?
Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
Vinnie

Thanks,
Vinnie
Who said that, and why? Not trying to be a jerk about it, I just wonder who recommends not doing it and why it would not be recommended.

Thanks,
Vinnie

Want to move the whole thing to use in a different uke. Never heard that that was a bad idea, but I'm not really knowledge on the subject. Maybe someone who is, can weigh in, so we don't make a mistake.

I spoke with a person at Misi.
Perhaps they might not want to have to ever receive it back for service when the likely culprit isn't their component.
It seems to me theoretically that once compressed in onebridge & saddle setup, it might not have the same ability to conform cleanly. They seem a bit sensitive and subject to unevenness or boominess among the strings, in my limited ecperience (2).

If you've moved the element piezo from uke to uke with no problem, that's what I want to hear.

-Vinnie

Last edited:
I spoke with a person at Misi.
Perhaps they might not want to have to ever receive it back for service when the likely culprit isn't their component.
It seems to me theoretically that once compressed in onebridge & saddle setup, it might not have the same ability to conform cleanly. They seem a bit sensitive and subject to unevenness or boominess among the strings, in my limited ecperience (2).

If you've moved the element piezo from uke to uke with no problem, that's what I want to hear.

-Vinnie

I hope someone can advise us if this is or is not not a good idea. I don't need two baris with pickups, so I'd like to save my misi and move it, but not if its gonna screw it up. Then I'd just put a strap button or such on the now acoustic one, hence this thread. But if this whole idea is flawed, I'll just get a second pickup. I'll wait and see what folks say on the plausibility or the move before I order the strap button part.

Top Bottom