Fun song to play?

matakazer

Reaction score
I just started on the ukulele about a month ago and found some really interesting and fun piece yet relatively easy for beginners like me.

One example would be crazy g. I would like to master bodysurfing and 143 kelly songs.

IDK what genre do the the above 3 falls. Any one got the likes to recommend?

"Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head" and "Here Comes the Sun" are fun. (My Kamaka pineapple loves "Crazy G." I never thought a uke would like a song, but this one does.) I'd like to get "Guava Jam" down, but it's hard in spots. I just can't get up to speed yet. "Pineapple Mango" is one that sounds like fun, but I haven't learned it yet.

I think Body Surfing it pretty difficult to play properly. Sophisticated Hula (Dominator tabs) isn't too bad. Jake stuff is really harder than it seems if you want proper phrasing and good tone. But that could just be me. I just learned Olinda Road -- Pure Heart song. That might be a good one to start on. There is lots of repetition in it. And it's a fun one.

If you sing, then how about:

Sloop John B
Sweet Little Sixteen,
Worried Man Blues?

All 3 chord songs and go down well at open mics over here.

"The Banana Boat Song (Day-o)" (F, C7) "Jambalaya on the Bayou" (C, G7) and "Paperback Writer" (C, G) are two-chord beginner songs that our club members have fun playing.

Everyone's idea of a "fun song" is different. I go for "Gulf and Western" stuff a lot. One of the absolute easiest is a Blake Shelton tune called "Some Beach." As a sing-along it can be run with only three chords (C, G, F).

If you have an older audience, "A Horse With No Name." The lyrics are stupid, but the range of the song is two notes in the verses, probably three or four in the chorus when you get to the la la las, and you can play it with a Dm and an Am7, which is Dm and the open strings. Just back and forth, back and forth. So I like to play that one sometimes, and I get the audience to sing along if they know it.

How about Spongebob's F.U.N. song?
U is for ukulele......

My faves right now to play are instrumentals, Tammy and Spanish FAndango. Bye Bye Blues is a lot of fun too. I wish I could play Dueling Banjos, but can only do parts of it.

Top Bottom