FS/FT POHAKU Curly Honduran Mahogany Soprano with case $580 shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabioponta

Reaction score
PRICE: U$580 shipped via USPS to you. Paypal only.

11420056_964407066914517_1284011842_n.jpgpohaku 1.jpgpohaku 2.jpgpohaku 3.jpgpohaku 4.jpg

Hi friends, I have for sale a mint condition Peter Hurney Pohaku Curly Mahogany soprano made in 26/04/2012 (description stamped on the label inside). As new, no blemish, just a fell strumming marks almost invisible. Superlightweight, incredible balance, sweet, rich, warm, punchy, loud...sounds like the best Martin. I sold this uke in 2013 here in UU to a brazilian player and I bought from the same owner some months after because I just love the vintage sound . Probably one of the nicest mahogany sounding soprano I ever played and have bought (in the last years I have tried vintage Martin style 0, Kiwaya Kts-4, Ken Timms, David Newton, Pono, Hamano, Black Bear, Mele).
I'm the second owner. The first owner used by 1,5 months and I used for 2 years.
Selling to raise funds to my phd studies.
I'm in Brazil. I sold another ukes here on UU with a positive feedback.

SPECS

solid curly Honduran mahogany body and neck
rosewood fretboard and bridge
Bone nut
ebony saddle
Worth Brown medium fluorocarbon strings High G.
peghed tuners
traditional amber/tobacco sunburst finish
pearl fret markers
3 point Martin headstock design
original Pohaku hardshell case (same quality of the Oahu cases)

From the Pohaku site:
Mahogany Sunburst Soprano

This is a new Pohaku soprano ukulele constructed of a high quality Honduran mahogany and finished in a traditional Amber / Tobacco sunburst. There is a beautiful medium curly figure in the wood of the body. This is hard to find in Mahogany these days.
The tuning machines are the lightweight and great looking 4:1 ratio Peghead brand tuners. The fret position markers are Mother of Pearl bars inlaid into a Rosewood fingerboard. The back of the instrument is rounded as all the different models in the Pohaku ukulele family are and except of course for the trim details the design of the instrument stays true to the early Martin pattern. A smooth and excellent glossy lacquer finish protects and beautifies the instrument. Weight of the ukulele is approx; 14 ozs. and it’s overall length is about 21”.

I sent you a PM.

I have a Honduran mahogany Pohaku soprano that I will never give up. (It has a different fretboard and headstock than this one for sale.)

Because its sound is so wonderful, we ordered a custom Honduran mahogany concert from Peter Hurney. We love both ukes and play them in frequent rotation.

+1 The Pohakus are outstanding ukes, wonderful players and excellent construction. Highly recommended!

I have a Honduran mahogany Pohaku soprano that I will never give up. (It has a different fretboard and headstock than this one for sale.)

Because its sound is so wonderful, we ordered a custom Honduran mahogany concert from Peter Hurney. We love both ukes and play them in frequent rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom