quality tuners?

where do you get grover tuners for ukuleles?

i cant really find any grovers, and when i do, its open geared or is the types that are straight to the back and not on the side of the headstock.

look around for mini tuners. but regular guitar siza tuners will also work. they will most likely only come in sets of 6. and make sure you get the 3+3. left and right set. you will only need 2 of each though, obviously. check musiciansfriend.

Grover 205s, the Minirotamatics are the factory originals on the '05 KoAloha tenor. Sealed tuners. Check out wwwdotukuleleworld2dotcom, elderly and stewart-macdonald for inventory.

If you don't mind traditional looking frictions pegs, check out the PegHeds. They are the lightest tuners I've come across. Lighter than Grover 4s. 4:1 planetary geared. 7 & 8mm outside diameters sizes at the tapered end. Real simple to install. Using a peghole reamer, ream the hole until the winding post is ~1-2mm below the proper height above the faceplate. Select the correct tuner (left & right side). Screw in. The tuners have self tapping threads. Chuck the owner/designer of PegHeds recommends a drop of glue. So far, after +2 years in the KoAloha without glue the tuners have held tight. Real smooth operating tuners that are light and look like old fashion ebony wood friction tuners. Bad news is the cost at ~$80/set of 4. Website is wwwdotpeghedsdotcom. No info about uke specific tuners on website. They are available. You need to contact Chuck via email or phone.

Ok, are there any tuners out there that are decent but not $40+ decent? I am building a uke, and I am trying to keep things on the cheap (just to see how it turns out).

I have a ukulele tuner, but i want one that clips onto the top of my ukulele.

I want to buy 1 of these 2 options.
Number One - ENO-ET3000
ENO-ET3000.jpg

Number Two - Intelli-IMT-500
Intelli-IMT-500.jpg

they are both roughly the same price, so im not worried about that.

Im thinking the 1nd one, assuming it cost a bit more but im not to sure?? Anybody have any views on either of them?

EDIT - OOPS, I THOUGHT THIS THREAD MEANT THE MACHINES THAT TUNE THE UKULELE, NOT THE ACTUALLY PEG THINGS THEMSELVES.

This might seem kinda dumb, but how tough is it to install the new tuners on a uke. From the link and pics it looks like you would just use the old tuner holes, then just fasten the new tuner on with small screws or something. I ask because I have a cheap uke that i like playing but my A string tuner keeps slipping and wont hold a tune.

Top Bottom