Ordered a uke and they sent me a...

UkeMan2015

Reaction score
So get this. I've been quietly (or not) drooling over a new uke. Now, like any good full-time musician or full-time student (and I'm both!), I'm broke af and have only been dreaming about it since.

BUT. I flipped a thing or two and have had a pretty good summer gig-wise so far. So a few weeks ago, I started kicking some tires on some used units. Unfortunately, not much around Canada, so shipping/import fees were gonna be a must, which pushed it back out of my budget. Until! I found a floor model in Québec with free shipping. Word! Let's do it!

So I order the thing. I Paypal for the thing. They send me the thing. They send me a tracking number for the thing. And then, a couple days later, I get an e-mail...

(I'm paraphrasing here) "Hey, so... We sent you the wrong box. Would you just kindly tell the post office that we screwed up and you don't want what we sent you?"

"Uh... what? I mean... I guess. Ok. But what if I like it and want to keep it?"

"Yeah... you probably won't want to. It's a synthesizer."

What the hell? How does that happen? Has that ever happened to anyone else?

Anyway, the moral of the story is I've got a new uke on the way.

There are some synthesizers I'd take over some ukes. :) Elektron Analog Keys, a Tempest, or that new Roland come to mind...

Well, mix ups happen. I've gotten wrong stuff, or incomplete stuff, but not with ukes. At least they noticed it before it arrived!

What uke are you getting? We love photos!

There are some synthesizers I'd take over some ukes. :) Elektron Analog Keys, a Tempest, or that new Roland come to mind...

Well, mix ups happen. I've gotten wrong stuff, or incomplete stuff, but not with ukes. At least they noticed it before it arrived!

What uke are you getting? We love photos!

I ordered a beautiful Koa wood tenor. Not sure what they sent me, it's a garish bright yellow keyboard.

So get this. I've been quietly (or not) drooling over a new uke. Now, like any good full-time musician or full-time student (and I'm both!), I'm broke af and have only been dreaming about it since.

BUT. I flipped a thing or two and have had a pretty good summer gig-wise so far. So a few weeks ago, I started kicking some tires on some used units. Unfortunately, not much around Canada, so shipping/import fees were gonna be a must, which pushed it back out of my budget. Until! I found a floor model in Québec with free shipping. Word! Let's do it!

So I order the thing. I Paypal for the thing. They send me the thing. They send me a tracking number for the thing. And then, a couple days later, I get an e-mail...

(I'm paraphrasing here) "Hey, so... We sent you the wrong box. Would you just kindly tell the post office that we screwed up and you don't want what we sent you?"

"Uh... what? I mean... I guess. Ok. But what if I like it and want to keep it?"

"Yeah... you probably won't want to. It's a synthesizer."

What the hell? How does that happen? Has that ever happened to anyone else?

Anyway, the moral of the story is I've got a new uke on the way.
Not exactly, but I ordered 1 uke from Amazon and they sent 5 once. I sent 4 back and they credited my card for the original 1. good grief.

Ha, that kind of stuff happens a lot. Stay out of hospitals, they screw up like that there. Go in for a knee replacement, you might come out minus an appendix, and one helluva a bill for something you didn't want. At least you can send the synthesizer back!

I ordered a flute case once and received an effects pedal. Another time I ordered nothing and received a ukulele case.

:shaka: awesome stories...Wish I had one...;-D

I have to admit... I didn't realize synthesizers were still in use.

Top Bottom