Teaser Pic

DownUpDave

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
LfdM spaltted maple rossette.jpg

Just a little something for your curiosity and guessing abilities

Like your Brother DUD - My first thought was LFDM, and second thought was Jay Lichty. Never seen a rosette like that before with the spalted maple in an almost two-tone color wash, really makes me think of Fall, and the colors of the foliage as the leaves turn. I bet the rest of that uke is just as special!

Good for you! Hopefully you can show the rest of it later on. :)

:wallbash::wallbash:

:cool:

Yup........apparently my head is really just a place to put my hat. Oh well off to the Stonecottage Beerfest where us Scarborough Uke:shaka: Jam players are doing a 30 minute set.

Nice sunny day, out on the patio, making music. Who needs brains..........highly over rated.

Sweet! How long until she arrives?

Luis has just started it and says I should have it by mid August. I was over to his shop last week and we made the final decision on purfing, trim, appointments etc. Basically I went with his suggestions, he knows best. I did give some ideas he liked so it was a collaboration of sorts.

Like your Brother DUD - My first thought was LFDM, and second thought was Jay Lichty. Never seen a rosette like that before with the spalted maple in an almost two-tone color wash, really makes me think of Fall, and the colors of the foliage as the leaves turn. I bet the rest of that uke is just as special!

Good for you! Hopefully you can show the rest of it later on. :)

Booli, that is wonderful descriptive prose' you just penned there. Considering I am Canadian and the red Maple Leaf is our national symbol it is all very appropriate.

The spaltted maple has that colouring occurring in it naturally. Luis gave me a piece in the raw as a keepsake, very unique. What you are looking at is just the top, loose, no body. Luis has just started it, I will do a build thread and make updates as it progresses.

OH you are the smart............Just realized it is not much of a guessing game with the picture being label. Doh!!!!!!!headslap :wallbash:

Sorry to mess up the game. Couldn't resist. Looks like a beauty in every way.

Top Bottom