FS: Hollywood 7 Concert Ukulele 1920's

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hippie Dribble

<<<SOLD>>>

Built by the Schireson Brothers in Los Angeles in the 1920's. These are quite rare instruments now and very difficult to find at all, even more so in great order.

Specs:

rope bound solid mahogany body
rope bound rosewood fretboard
rope rosette
mahogany neck
original nut, bridge and saddle
new friction tuners w/ white buttons
12 frets to body, 17 total
pearl markers at 5, 7, 10, 12
easy playing action but could do with set-up
slim, fast neck
intonation excellent

Previous owner was Remco Houtman-Jansen (ukulelezaza), who had several nasty cracks on the top and back professionally repaired. These are solid and very stable. Cosmetic only and has no impact on playability. I have owned this instrument approximately 6months.

Selling only to fund others. Even though this is in (i)better condition, (ii)a better sound and (iii)player than my style 8, I've sorta developed an attachment to that one, it's so crazy beat up and worn and...like an old teddy bear, hence I've decided to sell this one instead.

Will be shipped in a foam style "hard" case with humidifier.

Any questions or for more pics / sound demos et al please post in the thread or PM.

PRICE REDUCED! NOW $500 paypal gift includes worldwide shipping. Thanks folks.

And one final reduction: $350 shipped

003.jpg001.jpg002.jpg004.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds a little like a Banjo !

Really? It actually has a very warm and mellow sound!

Anyone like to make an offer or trade suggestion? Cheers all.

Uke withdrawn from sale for the moment. cheers UU!

Last edited:
Uke is back up for sale folks. Price reduced. Now $500 shipped. Make that $350!!!

Last edited:
I agree - thats very warm sounding. Closer to an older Martin or older mohagony uke but I'm no expert.

I gotta say though ... BOSS TAT!!!!

Sweet!

Glad you have a YouTube channel again. I watch more of your videos than anyone's else'.

Have you ever thought of running your own ukulele auction site?

Sorry for bit of off topic but I want to buy just about any uke you demo. The one on this thread included. But no spondulicks!

Jeff

Jeff

Hey Jon, I think Jeff is right. You should be demo'ing ukes for all the fine luthiers in your area, the way HMS has Corey and Aaron do it. I'd bet you would increase sales for them, and you could take your commission in instruments.

I also still think you should do Skype lessons. Just sayin'.

Tom

OK. here's an offer from yours truly instead. $350 shipped.

Final reduction.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind comments Jeff, Tom and Deb. Yeah, maybe I will start some skype lesson thingos. Would be a positive thing to do and ensure I never have to leave the house again. Had requests over the years and stuff but always have balked at it because I'm self taught and so not sure how much of my idiosyncratic style i could pass on to folks, and with only a very basic understanding of music theory. something to think about anyway i guess, even if people maybe just wanted me to teach 'em how i go about soloing or learn some songs on youtube. Cheers you guys, i appreciate it.

anyway, with the preamble aside, the uke is sold now. thanks again UU.

I agree - thats very warm sounding. Closer to an older Martin or older mohagony uke but I'm no expert.

I gotta say though ... BOSS TAT!!!!
Cheers brother. Picture just after it was done. Last day on Maui after spending 12 days down at Hana.maui tattoo #2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom