Are the chords different on a baritone uke?

jermlilly

Reaction score
I guess in other words is it like learning a whole new instrument. Or is the finger placement the same?

It depends on how you have it strung/tuned (and whether you mean different than a regular uke or different than a guitar). If GCEA then it's the same as a regular uke. If DGBE then it's the same as a guitar. You can go either way with a baritone.

That makes sense i guess. There isnt a lot of people that play though is there!I wonder why not.

The position of the finger for chords are the same the chords that positioning make are different. For example if you tune your Soprano/concert/tenor GCEA and you play a Baritone DGBE the chord 0003 is a C on the former and a G on the latter. If you capo a bartone on the 5th fret the open strings are GCEA.

I can play play the same fingeing on a GCEA on a DGBE and the only difference is the key changes for the song.

Does that help?

It depends on how you have it strung/tuned (and whether you mean different than a regular uke or different than a guitar). If GCEA then it's the same as a regular uke. If DGBE then it's the same as a guitar. You can go either way with a baritone.

of the two ways to tune it, which one is the higher pitched tuning??

thats how ive been learning uke material cos i had to wait till i could afford a uke so i capo'ed my acoustic guitar on the fifth and put some cardboard underneath my e and a strings to mute them,it's not the same but i'm inpatient

That makes sense i guess. There isnt a lot of people that play though is there!I wonder why not.

Hey!! I play baritone! :p

I tune mine DGCD which is open G, taro patch, et c... so my chords are different too. Makes some things easier and some things harder.

The sound isn't quite so "ukulele-y" as a concert or tenor - they don't have recombinant stringing, and they tend to be less plosive.

I also have a concert, which I like better for some songs.

What I like best is playing along with a different size ukulele. They blend really nicely together.

thats how ive been learning uke material cos i had to wait till i could afford a uke so i capo'ed my acoustic guitar on the fifth and put some cardboard underneath my e and a strings to mute them,it's not the same but i'm inpatient

You modded your guitar to be a uke? I'm sorry, but that is adorable.

You modded your guitar to be a uke? I'm sorry, but that is adorable.

I second that... well, minus the adorable comment. I guess it is adorable but I was going to say it's very creative! :)

Top Bottom