Oxidised metals on Koaloha tuners. Experiences?

xzcuzxme

Reaction score
So the metal on my Koaloha seems to have oxidised...if that’s what you would call it! Its gone really dark and dull.

I wondered if anyone else has experienced this and if they know why? Its be kept at a pretty normal and constant temperature.

Also if anyone has any recommendations for products to potentially revitalise them that would be great.

Thanks, Luke

I normally go over the frets with 0000 wire wool followed by lemon oil on the fretboard. It can happen to all ukuleles so don't worry. You can use wire wool on the tuning pegs but be careful not to rub the finish on the headstock.

I have used a Q tip dampened with Tarn X with some success. If the tarnish doesn't come off nearly instantly, you may need the steel wool. You may need to wipe off your fretboard after each use. Some people's sweat/body oils are a little more "caustic" than others, which is why I can't wear sterling silver jewelry.

It's absolutely normal.

Luthiers and repair shops will use some 0000 steel wool to shine them up. Personally, I prefer to use a nail buff. The type ladies use to put a high gloss on their finger nails. I buy them by the 50 lot on eBay. It also puts a shine on the fret board too.

Top Bottom