FYI: MB For Sale (not mine)

stevejfc

Reaction score
Saw a Moore Bettah for sale on the Ukulele Friend site today. Circa 2008, no price listed.

Yeah, if you have to ask a price..... ;)

Why not list the price?. I don't bother with motor vehicle ads that leave out the mileage either.

Just out of interest, anyone bothered to contact Shawn and ask how much he wants for it?

Shall we run a straw poll?

I'm guessing you'd get $5 back from 7K.

Closest gets a round of virtual handshakes. :p

Ha! Aint she a horror. :)

The horror is in the sentence saying that it went "virtually unplayed". That's the saddest damn thing I have ever read. Someone please buy it and play the s** out of it, will ya?

Just out of interest, anyone bothered to contact Shawn and ask how much he wants for it?

Shall we run a straw poll?

I'm guessing you'd get $5 back from 7K.

Closest gets a round of virtual handshakes. :p

Considering the one on ebay went for... what, $5600? I'd guess you're in the ballpark.

Well I take it all back.

I just emailed Shawn. The price is $5000. Condition immaculate. When you consider what these ukes have been sold for in recent times it don't sound so nasty at all.

The horror is in the sentence saying that it went "virtually unplayed". That's the saddest damn thing I have ever read. Someone please buy it and play the s** out of it, will ya?

My vote for best post.

Joe Souza of Kanile'a said nothing makes a builder happier than to see one of his instruments " All bust up". Meaning played to s** and pounded into sawdust.

Last edited:
Don't even think about it Jon - you're not a tenor man anyway. I think this would be much more up your alley....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Vintage-Hollywood-Deluxe-Ukulele-/111703719562?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1a020f7e8a

Oh. OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Now that is truly my Holy Grail, Karl. I look for these Hollywoods at least twice a week and never, ever have I seen the 10 model come up. Let alone in that sort of condition. Then bang...here you are with THIS!!!!! I've always wondered if one became available what it might sell for. But because I've never seen one I have no idea how realistic or fair the price listed is. Wow though. If I could choose one uke it would be a Hollywood 10. Thanks for the link mate. Of course, the corollary to all of this is, even if I sold my entire uke collection and got somewhere near what they were worth I'd still fall about 1K short. :p

LOL Freeda, you had me cackling....
good idea, though.

Top Bottom