Now the waiting.............................Pono ATSH Pro Classic Tenor

robedney

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I know I'll get sympathy here: I just ordered a Pono ATSH Pro Classic Tenor from TheUkuleleSite folks. This is a big purchase as things go and I'm more than a little excited. However, they are running behind on the set-up work they do prior to shipping and it's going to be a week or two before it crosses the ocean to me. I have mixed emotions about this. I really appreciate the work they do to make sure every uke they sell is all it can be -- and I also appreciate the fact that they're obviously not taking shortcuts to shove them out the door. That's all good. In fact that's all great.

But, I want it now. I mean now. I understand that waiting is good for me, that it builds character and that I will appreciate the instrument all the more for having been patient, and that I will get a great setup from a very reputable dealer. But..... I want it now.

OK, I promise not to whine again until it's here, at which point it will be a NUD, and I won't be able to wait to show it off... :iwant:

Congratulations on the purchase Robert! What kind of wood is it made from? Can you post a link maybe?

edit: oh, I just saw the model in your post. Acacia with slotted headstock! Awesome!

I got my AT5PC* from them a couple of months ago, and they were quicker than I expected. Setup backlog was a week (even though they claimed up to two weeks), and shipping was like 2 days to Arizona.
One thing you'll appreciate is that they put a LOT of care into the packing of the shipping box.
Mine is solid acacia (but not koa, and not 'curly'), very pretty and rather dark, with an almost opalescent effect that shifts in changing light.
It's a beautiful, very well-made, and lovely sounding instrument**. You are going to LOVE it, and the wait WILL be worth it!

* same model, but solid headstock and abalone rosette and binding
** you'll probably want to change the strings though. The stock Ko'olau Gold strings are kind of un-amazing.

Part of the fun of buying from HMS is that wait. Knowing your new uke is getting TLC from some of the best. Likely no surprises when it arrives.

It's a PAINFUL wait. I feel your pain!!! I ordered my last few ukes from HMS. BUT...

It is worth every second of the wait. The set-ups are great, the ukuleles incredible and the service spectacular. LOVE HMS (as does pretty much everyone.)

I'm like you, I find the wait so hard. I endlessly check the status on HMS, then check the shipping tracking constantly. The only thing that makes it better for me is staring at pictures of the beautiful ukulele that is destined for my door...

...and a Pono ATSH is a VERY beautiful uke. Congrats.

Matt

Congratulations! That's a pretty cool uke you are waiting on. I know how you are agonizing while you wait. When I was waiting I must of looked at YouTube sound samples of my model hundreds of times

I know I'll get sympathy here: I just ordered a Pono ATSH Pro Classic Tenor from TheUkuleleSite folks. This is a big purchase as things go and I'm more than a little excited. However, they are running behind on the set-up work they do prior to shipping and it's going to be a week or two before it crosses the ocean to me. I have mixed emotions about this. I really appreciate the work they do to make sure every uke they sell is all it can be -- and I also appreciate the fact that they're obviously not taking shortcuts to shove them out the door. That's all good. In fact that's all great.

But, I want it now. I mean now. I understand that waiting is good for me, that it builds character and that I will appreciate the instrument all the more for having been patient, and that I will get a great setup from a very reputable dealer. But..... I want it now.

OK, I promise not to whine again until it's here, at which point it will be a NUD, and I won't be able to wait to show it off... :iwant:
Boy - do I know the feeling! I ordered the same Pono ATSH on 06-22-2015... and (of course) I'm like a kid the week before Christmas; who wants to wait? ("Waaa...!)

This will be my first uke from HMS but I'm convinced their fine reputation is well deserved. After a couple of emails and a phone conversation with Andrew, I'm confident that we'll both receive fine instruments with a great setup. Congratulations!

HMS is worth the wait! Hang in there!!

Patience Grasshopper!

Top Bottom