Ok guys I need help

Soprano

Reaction score
K i have a stagg us10... And i dont no how to tune it i have dont have a tuner right now and i have dont have money right now to. And peopole in my school say's just tune the strings im like wtf... I need help i been playing for 1 year and it been untuned. If this is wrong section please move it. And my friend have a alto ukulele and he trying tune it like his. ( Its a soprano ) thx for helping me!!:shaka:

ukuleles whether they are standards, concerts, or tenor are generally tuned the same: GCEA, so if your friend has an `ukulele tuned, then it should be ok regardless of size. either than find a piano. luna hooked you up with an online tuner and you can try and tune it by matching the notes there. also, aldrine has a uke minutes on tuning an `ukulele. search the homepage. other than that, don't know what else we can do.

I'm no ukulele player...yet (since mine hasn't even arrived yet), but I have years of experience tuning the violin.

I think this lesson by Aldrine might help you: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1144853

He plucks each string for you, and gives you time to tune your uke. All you have to do is listen to the sound he makes and twist the tuner slowly while plucking the string and get it to sound as close to what you hear. And like 1014 said, the piano is another way to get a note to compare your uke to.

The link posted by Luna is all you need to get started. Can you hear the tones it gives for GCEA? Adjust the tuning knobs on your uke until it sounds exactly like that. If you can't match sounds by ear (not everyone can), then you need an electronic tuner. That's all there is to it.

It is essential to tune your uke every time you pick it up to play. You cannot make music if the individual strings are not making the right sounds.

Ukantor.

Top Bottom