How do people generate an interest and audience for micro ukes?

Loved it! Very sweet uke. And a very sincere video demo. Thanks Al.

Are you open to making these to sell?

Hi,

Well absolutely yes. If this chapter started then I would be absolutely gobsmacked... I mean the idea that people would express an interest in the product and might order one is such an honour. Thank you for your kind words.

I have created a youtube page and can take enquiries for orders at itsybitsyuke@Gmail.com

I am so determined to develop the itsybitsyuke and create a new community of followers over time. That's my challenge. Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

The next one being made is a long neck version, just slightly more accommodating on the fretboard for large paw players players.

Regards

Uk-Al-lele

That's great pal, best of luck with those.

Hi,

Well absolutely yes. If this chapter started then I would be absolutely gobsmacked... I mean the idea that people would express an interest in the product and might order one is such an honour. Thank you for your kind words.

I have created a youtube page and can take enquiries for orders at itsybitsyuke@Gmail.com

I am so determined to develop the itsybitsyuke and create a new community of followers over time. That's my challenge. Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

The next one being made is a long neck version, just slightly more accommodating on the fretboard for large paw players players.

Regards

Uk-Al-lele

Olarte is the resident sub-soprano uke fanatic:
http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?102282-Eye-candy-my-Small-collection-literally!
I'm sure he'll be weighing in soon!

I shall await his posting in anticipation.
Regards
Uk-Al-lele

Well, I think you might hand one to a small child, and see how that goes. Their fingers are very small, and they like small things. I am sure video of such activity could be very cute, and inspire someone to buy one for a child in their life. You might consider some alternate tuning for easier 2 finger chords just for fun. There was a thread about that recently ( if I recall, something about tuning in 4ths like a mandolin).

As far as aesthetics, I think it might be interesting to do one with a frying pan shape, like the old Camp Ukes. It might be easier to make, and the circular shape might look more pleasing than the thick waisted figure 8.

A novelty uke that is playable will get interest. How much interest depends on the price. How much do you anticipate selling them for?

–Lori

Nice video!

I like tiny ukes and would be interested in one. A pineapple might be easier to build. A novelty uke should look good: nicely figured or exotic woods. Even a playable micro uke will be extremely limited and I don't think the price can be set very high so the question is can you make them for a price people are willing to pay.

Okay I've read everyone's comments and am grateful for your kind words. They mean a lot to me.

One point I would like to further explore is price. I've always thought the best way to create a price is to find out what would people be prepared to pay for a micro handmade solid wood ukelele?

How much would you be prepared to pay for such a product if it were in the local music store?

Your suggestions will help to determine the final price for the Itsybitsyuke along with me costing up the materials etc.

The information will help me get this uke out into the world of micro-uke lovers...

I've got to do more itsybitsyuke practice... Signing off...

Small in size...
Big in noise...
MASSIVE fun...
Itsybitsyuke, never leave home without it.
Itsybitsyuke@Gmail.com

Regards

Uk-Al-lele

Last edited:
Hi Icelander53,

How small could you go down to? Name the scale size and I'll try and build it. That's an interesting project in the making. Let me know and we could develop the idea. I'm up for that challenge.

Regards Uk-Al-lele

Last edited:
Top Bottom