stores builders near Thousand Oaks CA?

Hopi

Reaction score
Hi, I am heading to Cal. soon (Thousand Oaks), and I am wondering if anyone knows of quality ukulele stores/builders in the area- would love to check them out. Thanks!

Thanks for the information, I'll make sure to check them out!!!

Those are the guys that also have U-Space in Downtown LA, and organize the LA Uke Expo/Guinness World Record uke group event. Good people.

Anacapa for sure. McCabe's in Santa Monica is also good if you make it a bit further south the TO.

Kayes Music Scene in Northridge is also about 30 minutes away. They carry Kanilea but mostly lots of Kalas, Islanders and Ohanas. But they do have about 200 ukuleles on the wall. Also the Happy Little Ukulele Club of Thousand Oaks meets on the first and third thursday of the month from 6-8:30 at Harry's Omelette Shop. I also think that Brian Beverly and Jason Iriguchi build in or around Ojai which is near Ventura. Also Jason Wolverton is in Orange County which is about 90 minutes away, and John Kinnard is in Fallbrook (San Diego County). They also have some high end ukes at Artisan Guitars in Santa Monica. There is also Island Bazaar in Orange County which sells ukuleles and has a lot of metopes at the store.

Great thanks to all of you. I'll make sure to follow your suggestions, and have some fun checking out some ukulele shops and builders. I don't have much to explore on that front living in Maine... :)

Anacapa also sells Ojai Valley Ukueles (by Brian Beverly), made in Ventura County. I like mine better than a Kanilea

Thanks every one I think that I went to all of these stores. The guys at Anacapa were great, put my Pono up for consignment there. Nice people.

Thanks,
Hopi

Top Bottom