my ukeversary

turtledrum

Reaction score
June 28th is my first ukeversary - the day my uke arrived and for the first time, I tried to play one. I never could have envisioned the joy I would find and the ways I would grow because of the time we'd spend together. I never imagined that the ukulele would find such a central place in my life.
I feel incredibly fortunate and incredibly happy. And indeed fortunate to have found this forum as a place to expand my understanding. Mahalo.

June 28th is my first ukeversary - the day my uke arrived and for the first time, I tried to play one. I never could have envisioned the joy I would find and the ways I would grow because of the time we'd spend together. I never imagined that the ukulele would find such a central place in my life.
I feel incredibly fortunate and incredibly happy. And indeed fortunate to have found this forum as a place to expand my understanding. Mahalo.

WOW.........what great sentiment and heart felt prose in expressing your love for the ukulele. I know a lot of us feel the very same way.

Congratulations and happy ukeversary :cheers:

WOW.........what great sentiment and heart felt prose in expressing your love for the ukulele. I know a lot of us feel the very same way.

Congratulations and happy ukeversary :cheers:

Thanks so much, Dave! I've enjoyed reading your posts this past year and have found your uke love in each one!

I just happen to have gathered-up some of my instrument-purchase receipts yesterday. Let's see... ah yes, here it is, Ferndale Music in Ferndale (Humboldt Co) California, 26 July, 2013, one Kohala KD-STPD soprano and case. Almost my second ukeversary. That little 'uke spent its life in my home surrounded by much bigger instruments until only a couple months ago, about the time I joined UU. Now there's a swarm of little lutes -- 'ukes from soprano to baritone, mandos from F-type to mandola, the cuatros and tipple; 18 instruments with scale lengths under 20 inches. Enough for a wild ukeversary party. Break out the Champale!

Thanks for sharing and congratulations! Wishing you many more happy years with your uke(s)! :D <3

I hear you loud and clear.

Congratulations on your special day. May the ukes bring you many more years of joy! I'm sure they will. :D

I just happen to have gathered-up some of my instrument-purchase receipts yesterday. Let's see... ah yes, here it is, Ferndale Music in Ferndale (Humboldt Co) California, 26 July, 2013, one Kohala KD-STPD soprano and case. Almost my second ukeversary. That little 'uke spent its life in my home surrounded by much bigger instruments until only a couple months ago, about the time I joined UU. Now there's a swarm of little lutes -- 'ukes from soprano to baritone, mandos from F-type to mandola, the cuatros and tipple; 18 instruments with scale lengths under 20 inches. Enough for a wild ukeversary party. Break out the Champale!

And the receipts have a bit of a life of their own here, too! But happiness is priceless!

Top Bottom