New machine head button day!

Bao

Reaction score
When I first had my custom ukulele made by Bruceweiart, I did not think about what the buttons on the tuning machine heads would be. Needless to say, they were cheap black plastic buttons. Ofcourse, I only blame myself since I didn't state that I wanted them to be wooden. Nonetheless, I recently got back in touch with Bruceweiart and asked if he could make me some nice wooden replacements, in which he did!

Behold!

11655193_10206120136135754_1744422652_n.jpg

I think it gives it a nice, distinct look. I should probably find some black screws to replace it as well. But they're great for now. 25 US dollars well spent.

Good lookin' buttons. They'll stand out better if you trim those strings! ;-) LOL. I know some people leave the strings long but for some unknown reason I'm OCD about it. If you visited me with that uke, when you went to use the restroom you might find me with snippers in hand when you returned. ;-)

AHAH I'd thank you for it. I personally like to keep the strings long while the strings are still stretching, though that was a few months ago since installing the strings LOL

I always found Bruce to be very accommodating, when he made me my gypsy uke, the tailpiece did not come out quite right, so he replaced it at no cost, but that also had problems, so he replaced it again at no cost. When I received the custom u-bass from him, I found that the side of the fretboard edge was very rough, and the sound hole was not quite big enough for my hand to run the Pahoehoe strings up from below the bridge. He paid for shipping and fixed that at no charge as well. (It's now put away, I installed a pickup and preamp that's not working. I should have had him install one, dumb mistake.)

That's rough, mike! But it's good that he was willing to fix at no extra charge. I'm just lucky my uke was and still is perfectly fine.

Top Bottom