For Sale: Jaason Wolverton Custom Tenor - Pau Ferro and Cedar with case

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcalcutta

Reaction score
For Sale: Jason Wolverton Custom Tenor - Pau Ferro and Cedar with case PRICE DROP

For sale is an outstanding custom tenor by luthier Jason Wolverton. It was finished at the end of December 2013.

Pau Ferro back and sides and a cedar top comprise this tenor’s body. This uke has a handmade herringbone rosette made from lignum vitae, rosewood, and maple. The soundboard is bordered by purfling that matches the rosette. Cocobolo bindings with 3-strip side and back purfling completes the body finished with gloss nitro lacquer. The radiused ebony fingerboard has 20 frets with side markers. The slightly elevated fretboard shape is reminiscent of Martin guitars from the 19th century. The soundboard has been adorned with a handmade Pau Ferro pick guard to protect the cedar top. Also featured are: 8 hole Indian Rosewood bridge, Pegheds planetary tuners, a mahogany neck, solid bindings, Spanish cedar lines sides, Pau Ferro top/back headplatpes. The fit and finish are very well done. A tweed hard case is included.

The uke is in “as new” condition. No scratches, dings, or dents. No issues. Jason did leave some small marks on the back rim of the Pegheds while inserting them. Jason’s ukes are currently priced starting at $2,000. This is a gorgeous custom tenor with some nice upgrades with a full rich sound, and outstanding projection and incredible resonance.

$1350 REDUCED TO $1250 REDUCED AGAIN TO $1195 Paypal'd and shipped CONUS. No trades please.
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg
5.jpg

Thanks,
Rob
rob at calcuttacpa dot com

Last edited:
Top notch build quality, excellent playability and superior tone all available in one package.

This is a beautiful instrument but it looks like it was just sold a few months ago...

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...Ferro-and-cedar-with-case&highlight=wolverton

Just curious...

I'm not sure what you are curious about. But..... Yes, I sold it to Rob. I've bought and sold a few ukes, over the years. This one was hard to let go, but I had committed to buying other ukes. It's a beautiful and great tenor, with a big, clear sound. Rob is an honest person and great to converse with. I've never see a better deal on Woverton custom tenor. .... I'm wondering if I should buy this one back.

I'm not sure what you are curious about. But..... Yes, I sold it to Rob. I've bought and sold a few ukes, over the years. This one was hard to let go, but I had committed to buying other ukes. It's a beautiful and great tenor, with a big, clear sound. Rob is an honest person and great to converse with. I've never see a better deal on Woverton custom tenor. .... I'm wondering if I should buy this one back.

Hodge might remember this. I was talking to him about buying one of his ukes that had a radius fretboard. He had mentioned this Wolverston and other ukes. Next day he said he played the Wolverston and it was so good he could just not let it go. So yea this uke is obviously top notch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom