Checking interest: Kinnard Sunburst Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcrooks

Reaction score
Hello I wanted to see if anyone has interest in buying or trading a nice K uke and some cash for my Kinnard Sunburst mahogany tenor. This is a peghead version of the kinnard that Doc owns and is well known here. It is a impeccably built ukulele, series 2 tortoise binding, mahogany tobacco sunburst, aloha twin, guardian case. This uke new would cost $2500-2600. There are a few strum marks in the finish on the upper bout. Again the only reason I am considering parting with this work of art is I still am looking for a nice Hawaiian Tenor (it's a sentimental thing). Here are the pics! If interested send an offer for $, trade, or $ and trade. Only tenors for trade please.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I don't have the money right now for this ... but it is SWEETNESS ... how does it sound? Does it come with a radius like all Kinnards?

It sounds great very clear but mellow, yet it can bark if you want to. Sort of like a better built, better sounding and balanced, better finished old Martin tenor with a Sunburst ;)
I actually can't see a radius or really feel one seems pretty flat to me but is very comfy to play.

Edit. There is a radius

Last edited:
It sounds great very clear but mellow, yet it can bark if you want to. Sort of like a better built, better sounding and balanced, better finished old Martin tenor with a Sunburst ;)
I actually can't see a radius or really feel one seems pretty flat to me but is very comfy to play.

Thanks for clarifying ... it looks wonderful. Good luck with it.

To correct my earlier statement upon looking at it further there does seem to be a very slight radius in the fretboard probably the compound radius on most Kinnard Ukes.

Thanks Venice!
I would love to hear more offers/trade options, got a couple good ones so far but ears are open and message box is cleaned haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom