Who bought this funky, fancy rosewood Regal ukulele?

Tigershark

Reaction score
I thought this was pretty cool. If it was in better condition, I would have bought it (I hate big side cracks!). Spruce top, rosewood back and sides, with wood purfling similar to what you see on some of the high end Washburn (Lyon & Healy) ukuleles. This one is from the mid 1920's judging by the tuners.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311392030855

I think this is pretty rare, I can't find it in the 1930 Tonk Brothers catalog.

B9C25BB7D1794FD29A36948A7F414197.jpg

I was looking at it too, Tony....passed for the same reasons as you did. About a hundred too much for me!

Great minds think alike :)

It wasn't really a bad price, still a very fair deal on a rare old uke. It may be a long time before we see one again.

Had I seen this I would have bought it in a heartbeat. I look for vintage regal sopranos - especially the ones with the bound fretboards - almost every day on ebay. Very rare this 20's custom shop model. In my opinion this is worth a lot more than the asking price. I'm devastated!!! Can't believe I missed it. Whoever did buy it is most welcome to contact me if and when they are ready to sell. :)

Had I seen this I would have bought it in a heartbeat. I look for vintage regal sopranos - especially the ones with the bound fretboards - almost every day on ebay. Very rare this 20's custom shop model. In my opinion this is worth a lot more than the asking price. I'm devastated!!! Can't believe I missed it. Whoever did buy it is most welcome to contact me if and when they are ready to sell. :)

Have you got any other photos of similar ukes to share? I haven't seen many of these.

Top Bottom