Tampa Bay Ukulele Getaway in November

PhilUSAFRet

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Just got my tickets about 12:02 AM.

It took approx 5-6 minutes for all the categories to sell out.

On FB they say there's some tickets left and to keep refreshing.

This is so disappointing. I was really looking forward to my 1st ukulele festival and now I will have to wait another year and pray that I can get my tickets in time then. The ukulele community is saying something with this kind of response. We want to join the party! Please consider a bigger venue.

Get back on there. Todd just said on FB:

Hey guys, as of a few moments, there are still 13 left. I spoke to Brown Paper Tickets. They said, the tickets may be in limbo and as they are released, they will appear. I will continue to monitor until they are all gone. Then post to this thread.

SO there's still tickets, go get em!!

This is so disappointing. I was really looking forward to my 1st ukulele festival and now I will have to wait another year and pray that I can get my tickets in time then. The ukulele community is saying something with this kind of response. We want to join the party! Please consider a bigger venue.

I was hoping to make it as I have family in Tampa and don't need a room. I wonder if its cool to show up and jam with folks if you don't go to the workshops? For your first festival I'd recommend the UWC, that was my first festival and its a good time. Speaking of which when is somebody going to put up pics?

earljam, I don't think you could get in without a badge, but it won't hurt to show up, maybe as a bar customer who just happens to own a uke....but you didn't get it from me!
Steve Boisen said the tickets sold out in 10 minutes!
I want a bigger, better venue, but the Prez doesn't wanna move it yet.

Was not able to be up at midnight to try for tickets, either.

I can understand wanting to limit the size of the event, as those who work it want to enjoy it, too.

There is an alternative - have two events - one in Autumn, the other in Spring. If that sells out at the same rate, have one quarterly. Also, any additional events could even be at a secondary venue site.

What a problem to have - being too popular!

Here's the official record of the ticket sales....

We sold all, but 10, within 4 minutes. (Those 10 got stuck in ticket limbo), 2 more were sold by 12:58. The rest (8) finally became available later in the morning and were gone in by 8:05am.

If those 10 had not gotten stuck, we would have sold completely out before the 5 minute mark.

earljam, I don't think you could get in without a badge, but it won't hurt to show up, maybe as a bar customer who just happens to own a uke....but you didn't get it from me!
Steve Boisen said the tickets sold out in 10 minutes!
I want a bigger, better venue, but the Prez doesn't wanna move it yet.

:D Thanks, Nickie, much appreciated!
Of course I'm not going to try to insert myself into a closed function - but its just the right time of year to visit my son; maybe I'll get lucky next time around. :shaka:

Can you tell me where a visiting ukester might find a jam on other days?

earl,
We have a jam session on the 1st Saturday evening of each month (last night), a Saturday afternoon jam session on the 2nd Saturday of each month (this is our 5th year)
There is also an open mic the 4th Thursday of each month. It's in an open air venue, and it is miserably hot in the summer. I won't go till October.
I think there is a 3rd Saturday jam coming in Tampa soon....
We're talking of starting a jam session for fingerpickers only soon, maybe. It might be at our house. We'll see. Crazy, huh?

earl,
We have a jam session on the 1st Saturday evening of each month (last night), a Saturday afternoon jam session on the 2nd Saturday of each month (this is our 5th year)
There is also an open mic the 4th Thursday of each month. It's in an open air venue, and it is miserably hot in the summer. I won't go till October.
I think there is a 3rd Saturday jam coming in Tampa soon....
We're talking of starting a jam session for fingerpickers only soon, maybe. It might be at our house. We'll see. Crazy, huh?

That sounds cool- classical players?

That sounds cool- classical players?

Well, that's MY ultimate goal. Something to shoot for. I only pick one "Classical" number for now. We'll pick anything we can learn and teach each other. I'm working on the instringmental version of Here Comes the Sun right now. I like to pick "Tammy" and "Bye Bye Blues", Aura Lee, Tennessee Waltz, stuff like that....not as complicated as Classical pieces....We're all planning to learn to play Clawhammer, as we have a snowbird who does it, so we'll begin that in the fall.

Well, that's MY ultimate goal. Something to shoot for. I only pick one "Classical" number for now. We'll pick anything we can learn and teach each other. I'm working on the instringmental version of Here Comes the Sun right now. I like to pick "Tammy" and "Bye Bye Blues", Aura Lee, Tennessee Waltz, stuff like that....not as complicated as Classical pieces....We're all planning to learn to play Clawhammer, as we have a snowbird who does it, so we'll begin that in the fall.

Sounds like an active group that has a lot of fun, maybe I can catch one of your other events. Btw, if anyone else in your group is interested in classical there is a Bach book by Rob MacKillop that has baritone and tenor parts for most of the songs that sound really nice together.

Four more weeks.....
the excitement is building.
BTW, we were told that Friday night is free for all after we paid for it.....

Last edited:
Top Bottom