Progress

Down Up Dick

Reaction score
Well, after much grinding practice, I can now play an "open tuned" F chord without buzzing the C string. My fretting ring finger just would not bridge the neck with the pinkie on the first string. My RF simply refused to stand up over the other strings; it wanted to flatten and reach to the fourth string, but I whipped it into shape.

I wrote this for all the beginners who are having problems with some chord. Just keep whacking away at it, and one day it'll happen.

"Just get 'er done!" :eek:ld:

Great post because as a beginner most people think others are just so "gifted". We all know the truth.........even the simple F chord, in my case it was D, requires practice practice practice till it sticks.

Congrats in hanging in there and beating the "F"ing chord into submission. Sorry just couldn't help myself with tje "F"ing thing:wtf:

I suppose you are using ring finger on the 4th string? IDK why but I think using the middle finger is better? It can transit to a lot of chord way better and it has better grip somehow for me when doing a F chord

It is F "Open Tuned"--2014, and the 2 (middle) always buzzed against the open C string.

But I "got 'er done", and now it don't. :eek:ld:

Top Bottom