Rare GREEN Macaferri Islander Uke

Tommy B

Reaction score
Selling a Macaferri Islander in the rare green color. Also included is the original box, which says "Special Color." The box is flattened and not currently functional, but it's a cool keepsake.

The uke is in excellent, crack-free condition. There are two blemishes on the back of the neck near the headstock where a wall-hanging bracket left its mark. The only other issue is a manufacturing defect that I just noticed: The higher frets were not molded properly and several of them have gaps in them that affects the first string. This was never an issue for me because I considered all my vintage plastic ukes as art objects and collectibles, not actual instruments. But if you actually play your plastic ukes and do so up the neck, this isn't an instrument for you.

Reason I'm selling: I no longer want to hang onto instruments I don't play. I'll be selling all my soprano-scale ukes in the coming weeks.

IMGP3960.jpgIMGP3967.jpgIMGP3959.jpgIMGP3961.jpg

More photos here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/shutterbutt/sets/72157651999484810

Asking $165 shipped, continental 48. All others please contact me and we'll work it out. PayPal gift preferred. Please PM me with any questions.

Thanks,
Tom

Hi, I'm loving the look of this ukulele, I was wondering if you could provide a bit of details about this beautiful ukulele. I'm relatively new to the ukulele world and have never seen a ukulele like this one and I am sincerely interested in this ukulele. Thank you so much! Kelly

Hi Kelly. I sent you a PM. (If you haven't used private messages on here yet, just look at the very, very top of your screen. Next to your name is a pull-down menu that says "Notifications." Click on it and scroll down to your in-box.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom