New Uke Day! DJ Morgan spruce and birdseye maple soprano

barefootgypsy

Reaction score
I couldn't wait to get my hands on this - as soon as Dave Morgan had got this uke finished and photographed I knew it had to be mine - I saw it, played it and snapped it up. It plays like a dream and it's loud. And it's beautiful. When I bought on of Dave's mahogany concerts just a few months back I loved the subtle inlaid stripes on the headstock - he has refined the stripes in his signature design into art deco curves now, and on this uke and its sister concert, the stripes are fashioned into parallel black lines now - so classy, and they complement the ebony fingerboard and the black binding. These are his pics - great luthier! DJ Morgan Ukuleles.....spruce front July 15.jpgspruce 1 July 15.jpgspruce back July 15.jpg

Congratulations Lesley, and thanks for introducing the work of DJ Morgan. His ukes look very nice!

Last edited:
Aloha Lesley, congratulations,what a cracking ukulele girl, looks amazing..happy strummings :)

Last edited:
Beautiful uke ! Thanks for introducing us to DJ Morgan Ukes!

What a gorgeous instrument!

I hope you have lots of fun getting to be intimate friends with it. Post some vids of you playing it!

A very cool, classy looking uke. Guess I know who DJ Morgan is now.

Looks great! I peeked at the website, and there's a fantastic looking spruce and walnut soprano still for sale. Very cool ukes!

Where in England is he? Beautiful work. A new force in the Uke world? Has he made a concert LN?

Looks great! I peeked at the website, and there's a fantastic looking spruce and walnut soprano still for sale. Very cool ukes!

That one caught my eye as well!

Yes, I saw that uke yesterday, Dave had it on his stall at the uke fest we were at..... and it is for sale - it's lovely! Not expensive either, not at all. He's holding that price at £225, I seem to remember... you can easily contact him through his facebook page!

Where in England is he? Beautiful work. A new force in the Uke world? Has he made a concert LN?

Yes it really is beautiful work, Dave knows his stuff. I have two of his ukes now. He's in the Dudley area - that's in the English West Midlands, not too far from me, actually! And yes, a new force in the uke world really! There is a concert just like my soprano - I really struggled with the decision, which one to have!

That's a very handsome uke. Love the clean the lines and the birdseye maple figuring looks like water droplets on the back! I'm a sucker for maple in general. Enjoy your new treasure!

I love it, blonde ukes can be fabulous looking and the birdes eye maple is stunning. The fact you bought a second ukulele from this builder so soon speaks volumes. Congratulations.

Yes, I saw that uke yesterday, Dave had it on his stall at the uke fest we were at..... and it is for sale - it's lovely! Not expensive either, not at all. He's holding that price at £225, I seem to remember... you can easily contact him through his facebook page!

Yeah, that's about $350 US. A very good price, even with shipping on top of that. Hopefully someone here will jump on it. I'd love to hear sound samples! I'm not in the market for anything right now, except some strings!

Very pretty, congratulations!

Top Bottom