Mahogany never fails to please

I'm learning to play... it's not really well; it's just a step up from strumming' really!:rock:

Oh man, compared to how I play, you play like a god. Mythical! Modesty, or a step above strumming, you rock.

Looks fabulous, Pete - I was wondering (aesthetically) how an all-mahogany uke would look - your black binding looks great. How about some close-up pics?:worship:

That may only be a step up from strumming, but your sense of rhythm and accuracy while singing gets 4 dancing bananas out of 4!

:nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

Binding is tortoise - picture quality is poor I know but my photography is something I will always remain a total novice at. I am shooting for the website next week so there will be some closer shots.

Just as a point of interest... the neck is stained using dichromate of potash. The chemical reacts with the wood to make it go a deep red. Because it is water based, it raises the grain and makes it work well for grain filling. I can thoroughly recommend this as a way of making mahogany look really rich. The body however is not stained at all - in fact it would obscure the beautiful subtlety of the figuring.

Top Bottom