Hello new here.

Buiietbob

Reaction score
I enjoy the site so far.Just getting started on the uke.I'm old so learning comes slow but it has been fun.
Last night I found a video on an uke board somewhere and I thought it was here about "my girl from fens".Looked like a hillbilly band and I really liked it.(I have strange taste)but,I cant find it again.Has anybody seen it with a memory longer than mine,
Thanks

Can't help with the video but welcome to UU. You'll find quite a few of us oldsters here
Cliff

I searched "girl from the fens" and it came up with a bunch of hits. It is on YouTube, and it came up on something called "uketoob".

Girl from the Fens

It kinda grew on me. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome aboard! Learning to play the uke is a great journey. It is a seemingly simple instrument that provides endless enjoyment learning to play and making beautiful groovy music. A side benefit is that learning to play an instrument is one of the best things you can do to maintain mental sharpness as we all grow older.

Enjoy the ride!

Yipee and yahooo thanks for helping find that song.I tried Youtube but i must have screwed something up.I really want to play that song,It drives me nuts in a good way.
Thanks for all the welcomes.This seems like a good site.Folks seem willing to.share.
Take care
Buiietbob

Sure thing. I troll the internet much more efficiently than I play ukulele, but I am working on it.

This is a fantastic site. People love to share all things ukulele.

Hello and welcome Buiietbob, and thanks for introducing me to a song I hadn't heard before. Loved it! :D

Heh, I used to work in and around the Fens until last April. It's true, if you drive through there with the windows down, you can hear the faint sounds of Banjo, rocking chairs and incest.

Careful out there.i am geeting shook up I did not think folks like stuff I like very often. I had to look up what fens are.sounds like a place I might like. I also have a banjo uke.I have had it a long time.
I never played it and was going to sell it.But I took it to the dealer and he said it is old and high quality.I was going to try to get a pretty good concert uke. I got the concert and still have the banjo.
Take care.
Buiietbob

Top Bottom