Let's Meet Next Week in Honolulu

fretie

Reaction score
Getting very excited about my Wednesday evening departure for Oahu! Its going to be 2 1/2 weeks of ukulele immersion! And, as some of you may recall from an earlier thread I started with regards to this trip, my form of therapy to help recover from some recent difficult times. Just planning for this trip has been therapeutic and I am already feeling much better than I was a month or two ago.

Thursday, July 9th I have a factory tour of Koaloha booked for 1:00 pm and Friday, July 10th its the Kamaka factory tour in the morning. Saturday and/or Sunday I'll take a trip out to Hana Lima 'ia by bus in order to be sure that I know the route. I don't want to be late for my first day of 'work', uke making at Hana Lima 'ia, on Monday morning, eh?!

Time on Saturday and/or Sunday to check out a few uke spots, maybe go for a swim in the beautiful Hawaiian ocean waters and meet up with any UU'ers who are lazing about and would like to go for a snack, some shave ice or a drink.

Tuesday, July 14th I'm booked with Nelly in the evening for a group uke lesson that is aimed at preparing us to play with the Strummers at the July 19th 45th annual Hawaii Ukulele Festival. Concert on Wednesday evening, more excitement during the rest of that week as things build up for the uke fest and a uke workshop that I hope to catch on Saturday July 18th.

The final week of my stay in Honolulu will be more settled, I think, and heavily focused on getting that tenor uke built out at Hana Lima 'ia.

That's my agenda for the moment. Of course things can change and they usually do but at least I have a bit of a schedule to start with. If any of you would like to get in touch to get together in the next few weeks please email me at: snakesandladders333ATgmailDOTcom

Looking forward to a great uke adventure on Oahu and thrilled to meet a few of my UU family while in Honolulu!

aloha,
Erin

My inbox isn't exactly flooded with emails wanting to set up a time to get together this coming weekend. :-(
C'mon, take some time to have an iced tea with me...I might even have a cheap plastic uke for you to autograph!

If you come to Ala Moana center around lunchtime, I would be happy to walk down and meet you. My office building is near the Macy's end of the mall.
I know a number of UU folks are planning on attending the Sakuma festival this year. See you at the HMS tent!

If you come to Ala Moana center around lunchtime, I would be happy to walk down and meet you. My office building is near the Macy's end of the mall.
I know a number of UU folks are planning on attending the Sakuma festival this year. See you at the HMS tent!

see you there Damon...and Andrew does have the extra tent for you guys again this year....:)

Top Bottom