NUD Pono ATSH Pro Classic Tenor

Surly-Mac

Reaction score
The Pono arrived yesterday from the fine folks at HMS. I'm already messing with the strings ('cause I can, I guess) so 1 & 2 are Oasis Warm, 3 & 4 are South Coast HML-RW. I thought to show off the uke in a short video clip, including an unprocessed quick sound sample - neither is very good but it might be helpful to (like myself) the uninitiated...

This instrument is WAAY too nice for the likes of me but it's another item checked off of The Bucket List.

I'm thrilled... and like so many others, I've found that Hawaiian Music Supply is a joy to deal with.

Last edited:
Sounds really nice! I've had a Pono ATD which is probably quite similar and I think you picked the some great strings for your Uke (if you're looking for a bright sound). The HML-RW gave my ATD the best volume and tone

Congratulations Surly-Mac, that uke looks gorgeous and sounds very warm and relaxed. Great choice of strings, too. Have fun!

Congratulations! Here's mine. :) I currently have them strung with Oasis Warm High G and it sounds great!

My Pono.jpgPono ATSH.jpg

Last edited:
Very classic looking and therefore a timeless beauty. I also don't care for the Ko'olau Gold strings and always swapped them out.

A big congratulations on an outstanding looking and sounding Pono, they are wonderful instruments. I like to use SC wound 3rd & 4th with either Oasis warm or bright 1st & 2nd floro strings. It is a great sounding combo and they seem to balance nicely together

Thanks & I'm sure you're right about the ATD... sounds like you've moved on to something else. At this stage of my life, I believe this Pono will be with me to the end... Thanks again for the kind words.
Sounds really nice! I've had a Pono ATD which is probably quite similar and I think you picked the some great strings for your Uke (if you're looking for a bright sound). The HML-RW gave my ATD the best volume and tone

Very classic looking and therefore a timeless beauty. I also don't care for the Ko'olau Gold strings and always swapped them out.
I was expecting a nice looking uke but I admit to being pleasingly shocked at the look & feel of this Pono; I know they're not rare but it sure is pleasing to my eyes/ears. Thanks for the kind words from my Home State of California... how'd I end up in NY? It's a long story best summed up by the saying, "A happy wife makes a happy life..."

A big congratulations on an outstanding looking and sounding Pono, they are wonderful instruments. I like to use SC wound 3rd & 4th with either Oasis warm or bright 1st & 2nd floro strings. It is a great sounding combo and they seem to balance nicely together
Thanks for the kind message - the Pono is kind of big step up for me and a better instrument than I deserve... but, my; ain't they pretty? Thanks again...

Top Bottom