WTB: SUPER SOPRANO, Whatcha got?

sam13

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking to buy a Super Soprano, and I know there are a few on the boards here but they are a little too rich for my budget right now.

I am looking to experiment with a Low G Super Soprano ... mellow is what I am looking for.

Let me know if there is something you aren't using that is in excellent shape ...

Thanks.

Lots of Kala's out there. Bright or mellow can be tailored with different strings: Kala KA-SSLNG Spruce/Mahogany Series Soprano Long Neck Ukulele. Here's a nice demo by Mims, comparing the Kala all laminate vs the solid spruce topped mode. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YToJZJpa8-c
I have an all solid acacia Lehua I'll likely be getting rid of as soon as I replace the tuners and install a bone bridge.

Last edited:
Lots of Kala's out there. Bright or mellow can be tailored with different strings: Kala KA-SSLNG Spruce/Mahogany Series Soprano Long Neck Ukulele. Here's a nice demo by Mims, comparing the Kala all laminate vs the solid spruce topped mode. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YToJZJpa8-c
I have an all solid acacia Lehua I'll likely be getting rid of as soon as I replace the tuners and install a bone bridge.

Hi Phil,

Thanks ... yes, I would consider a Kala SSLNG Spruce top ... for sure.

Looking to use a Low G and do some jazz with it.

PM's have been responded to ... still open to suggestions ...

Mainland Longneck Cedar Pineapple soprano. Killer little uke.

Haven't heard that particular model, but have heard the regular cedar topped soprano longneck. Amazing sounding little sucker.

I have low G on my KPK longneck. It's a 15.5" scale so a little longer than normal longnecks so maybe that helps with the low G. I asked for it that way from KPK and was set up great. I think it is a Savarez but blends well with the other strings which I think are Worth clears. Under $200 so a lot of bang for buck.

I have a Bruko, all-solid walnut and maple. Yummy sound, low action and fantastic craftsmanship...

DSCF6726.jpgDSCF6728.jpgDSCF6732.jpgDSCF6718.jpgDSCF6739.jpg

I have low G on my KPK longneck. It's a 15.5" scale so a little longer than normal longnecks so maybe that helps with the low G. I asked for it that way from KPK and was set up great. I think it is a Savarez but blends well with the other strings which I think are Worth clears. Under $200 so a lot of bang for buck.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the note ... forgot you got a KPK LN ... so you got this from KPK directly? How do you find the Acacia compared to a Mahogany sound ... was looking at their site and might be interested in one of their Ukes. Was thinking a Deluxe model but if the finish is too heavy then perhaps a regular model would do the trick.

Also, what do you think of the PineApple vs. Regular shape ... just watched a MyaMoe video ... and Aaron mentions he thinks the PineApple has a more mellow tone with more sustain due to a larger sound board ... any thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEhJxkKDjpw

. so you got this from KPK directly? How do you find the Acacia compared to a Mahogany sound ... Was thinking a Deluxe model but if the finish is too heavy then perhaps a regular model would do the trick.

Also, what do you think of the PineApple vs. Regular shape ... just watched a MyaMoe video ... and Aaron mentions he thinks the PineApple has a more mellow tone with more sustain due to a larger sound board ... any thoughts
I got mine when the pineapple LN was just coming out so I had a bit of back/forth with Jason. Now I think you could just order from the website, put in any setup requests/preferences and off you go. I'm not sure about the acacia vs mahogany, bone vs wood saddle, pineapple vs normal. Too many variables. All I know is that I like the sound. :) as far as Deluxe vs regular, I think that is mostly just bling. Mine is regular and does look somewhat "plain" with no binding or abalone. Let's call it "simple elegance" :)

Top Bottom