WTB: Cedar Top Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewclev

Reaction score
Will be coming into some cash in the next week and I am looking to purchase a cedar top tenor. I have a solid mahogany tenor that I purchased from HMS and it plays like a dream. I love the tone but I am looking to expand my collection with a cedar top tenor. Hopefully one with a professional setup.

I am looking at a new Mainland Solid Cedar Top/Solid Rosewood back and sides with pickup at $425. This stretches my budget a little bit so I thought I would see what might be available here.

Anybody have a good cedar top tenor languishing for lack of attention that might need a new home in the $350 price range?

I also have a Luna solid mahogany concert egret with a hard shell case recently purchased from a UU member that I might be willing to trade for the right tenor (my big fingers are having trouble with the concert fret spacing).

Let me know.

Thank you!

I also have a Luna solid mahogany concert egret with a hard shell case recently purchased from a UU member that I might be willing to trade for the right tenor (my big fingers are having trouble with the concert fret spacing).
Sell the egret and put it toward your tenor fund?

I love my Mainland red cedar tenor... I'm sure you will, too. :)

If you want a Mainland. Call Mike and ask if he has a 2nd you can get from him at a discount.

I've just put a cedar top tenor on the marketplace. I'd need to post it from the UK though.

Thanks to all for your input and suggestions.

I was traveling this past weekend as was actually able to put my hands on several ukes for a change. The cedar tops were not enough of a contrast to my Fender Solid Mahogany Tenor, so, I went with a solid spruce top instead. The spruce tops that I tried sounded great and had the bright and punchy sound I was looking for.

I ended up with the Cordoba 22T-CE Solid spruce top with a pickup setup by Elderly Instruments. Saving the extra cash for a down payment towards a new amp:).

I appreciate your help and suggestions.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom