C7sus or Csus7 ?

The "7" and the "sus" are like chord modifiers. The "7" tells you to add a minor seventh to the "base" chord (for a C chord you would add Bb), while the "sus" tells you to take the third interval and replace it with the fourth interval (for a C chord you would take the E and replace it with an F); "sus" is the typical shorthand way to write sus4. Sus7, on the other hand, is super rare. I don't think I've ever come across that chord lol. In theory, a Csus7 chord would be C-G-B, which is very similar to the much-more commonly seen CMA7.

In short, C7sus is a viable chord with the notes C-F-G-Bb, and Csus7 is a different chord containing the notes C-G-B, which sounds a lot like CMA7.

While CasanovaGuy may be pedantically correct, in practice, I'd say they are the same chord - C F G Bb.

Ceesus, I don't believe IT !!!!! :biglaugh::stop:eek:oops

Is there a resolution (Are there resolutions) after the chord(s) in question? Do we need context?
Are we talking about a C7sus4?

I'm too busy working on my CbM13thdim7sus#m6th chord to be reading about the musings of you simpletons...

Theoretically, but its half-life is so short, it self-implodes within a nanotriplet to a Neapolitan second, releasing a quartal arpeggio in the process. Careful not to fuse your strings.

You've got to be careful, it also ejects a picardy third. Being hit by one of those can be fatal.

Theoretically, but its half-life is so short, it self-implodes within a nanotriplet to a Neapolitan second, releasing a quartal arpeggio in the process. Careful not to fuse your strings.

The beauty of this description leaves me in awe.

Wait, isn't a Neapolitan second 'Vanilla' ?

:-D

Top Bottom