New Uke Day!

cua94

Reaction score
I ordered a Tenor solid cedar top Ohana from Mim!

It is beautiful! I am liking it more and more each day.

I am thinking I might change the strings eventually but the Aquaila are okay for now. Here is a little pic:

picuke.jpg

Very nice. Don't be afraid to experiment with strings. They can make quite a difference.

Awesome! Congratulations! I like that Ohana model.

Nice one, indeed - I just listened to Mim's sound sample for that Ohana and it's great. Congratulations.

That's some nice figuring on the sides. Congratz :)

Nice Ohana! I hope you enjoy. I've never bought anything from Mim. I need an excuse--she has such a good rep here!

I'm an Ohana owner (all solid wood, sinker redwood top, rosewood back and sides with very similar if not the same rope purfling as yours) and mine too came with Aquila strings. I can't say that I liked them and they'll never find their way on my uke again. They sounded kind of dull and muddy to me like old strings that needed to be changed even when I put a new set on. I'd recommend trying either Oasis or Martin strings. They just might change that "like" into "love".

Last edited:
Congrats on your new Ohana. I own one too, and I love it. They make very nice ukes.

I had a concert, Port Orford cedar...Worth browns sounded awesome on it...

A dry nice instrument indeed. Do experiment with different strings, they are an important part of the equation.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I found out something a little odd. I played my concert the other day and ignored my new one and the next day (yesterday) the new one was all out of tune and funky at first and then got better after about 20 minutes. Was my Ohana pouting?

Gotta think on that one a bit,

Top Bottom