Looking for a good used baritone uke

greadore

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a good used baritone use to play Hawaiian slack key. Anybody have one for sale?

Gary

0710151033.jpg

I have a solid cedar top and acacia back/sides Kala with a hard case. PM if you are interested.

I was at the Strathmore MD Uke Summit last year and they had a Hawaiian slack key uke class and a guitar class. I sat in on both and discovered that quite often only the first 2 or 3 strings on the guitar are being used. I was like...."I could totally do that!", and I can :) Sounds good on uke too but, just sayin' if you have a guitar, use it.

Hi

I have had good luck with a pear-shaped "baritone" that you see on E-Bay. Laminate all over but OK sounding, and workmanship is acceptable. The price is $50 + $15 SH, so if you're looking to experiment, it's hard to beat. Oh, this ukulele comes reentrant so you'll need a linear set. Also the scale length is a tad shorter than a standard baritone.

Search E-Bay for "pineapple baritone ukulele".

Cheers
Chief

I have a Mainland mahogany baritone that doesn't get much love around here. It has a hard foam case. Currently strung in fifths (GDEA) in a hare brained experiment : http://youtu.be/hdAJOk1_mks
Had it for 3 years or so. It was a blemish model, I'm not sure what the official blemish is there's a thumbprint/rough patch on the gloss finish on the front.. Not a big deal. All solid wood. Looks and plays great. $240 shipped continental US. If you're interested I can whip up some photos.
thanks

Top Bottom