looking for mainland tenor ukulele in bay area california

stevety

Reaction score
Looking for mainland ukulele tenor in bay area California. do not want to have one mailed or dose anyone know any store in bay area that carries them

Last time I was there, Ukulele Source in San Jose and Sylvan Music in Santa Cruz both carried Mainland.

Looking for mainland ukulele tenor in bay area California. do not want to have one mailed or dose anyone know any store in bay area that carries them

Here's an ad from our local Bay Area Craigslist: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/msd/5108583224.html

Ukulele, Mainland Classic Mahogany Tenor, all solid woods - $179 (SF bay)

"An essentially new, made from all solid mahogany woods, tenor size ukulele, in gloss OR matte finish. The Mainland brand ukes, if u r not familiar with them, are THE BEST sounding ukes, for the least amount of $! This one retails for $259, and is a BLEM (blemished), the blems are usually hardly, or NOT (when I fix them) noticeable. That means I got it at an extra good price, and you will too! I set up everything I sell and I'm PICKY about good action!. More pictures at: mainlandukuleles.com . All Mainland ukes have all solid wood, bone nuts and saddles and Aquila strings. Case, a light hard one/$35, or bag $12/med-$20/Heavy is extra I can mail any uke for $12, or possibly deliver on my beaten track, from Gualala/Santa Rosa/Petaluma/San Rafael/Alameda and back . More info on this site: http://laurencewhiteluthery.com/ I'm also known as THE THINMAN, I ran ThinManMusic for 30 years in Alameda."

My buddy bought a Mainland concert from him for only $159 and he's very happy with it. He met ThinMan over in Alameda and I've met him too and he's really a cool guy. Tell us what you get!

Last edited:
I have a Mainland concert, mahogany gloss finish. SF Peninsula area. PM if interested.

Last time I was there, Ukulele Source in San Jose and Sylvan Music in Santa Cruz both carried Mainland.

You came to Ukulele Source and didn't tell me?

I live half a mile away!!

Yes Larry thin man does a great job with set up of the mainlands. I saw him last weekend at a music campout. He had a tenor and a long neck pineapple (tenor neck) for sale. I asked him to tweak my (new to me) Mainland and he gave me a fair assessment -- actually said the action was fine and if it got lowered might cause buzzing and frets not bad tho he can file them down for me in 10 minutes. His prices are good and he knows what he's doing. He takes the Mainland blems and makes them purr. Sets up the bridge/saddle just right to improve intonation. I know many who have bought from him and all satisfied. Just sayin ....

Top Bottom