Okay who is in town for the Hawaii Ukulele Fest 2015?

Well I know a few UU folks who will be there...
GYosh, UncleRod, Hawaii50, Greenie44, fretie I think, probably geetee and kimosabe, anyone else?

Kimosabe will not be there this year, sadly. He is in Ghent, Belgium right now, and there is a lot of very good old timey acoustic street music with nary an ukulele to be seen, sadly.

Last year's festival was great, especially sitting around near the HMS tent and hearing some great music from some guys called Kimo and Corey, and other fine players and singers.

Get there if you can and get to South King and University to eat some great and inexpensive food at Da Spot.

If can can, if no can no can. This year no can, just glass of fine Belgian beer.

Kimosabe will not be there this year, sadly. He is in Ghent, Belgium right now, and there is a lot of very good old timey acoustic street music with nary an ukulele to be seen, sadly.

Last year's festival was great, especially sitting around near the HMS tent and hearing some great music from some guys called Kimo and Corey, and other fine players and singers.

Get there if you can and get to South King and University to eat some great and inexpensive food at Da Spot.

If can can, if no can no can. This year no can, just glass of fine Belgian beer.

Enjoy yourself Kimo, and quaff a pint or two for me please. Canoe Hut tonight for us. Let's make that happen when you folks get back on the island.
Cheers!

Me, me, me...I'm here to build my Hana Lima 'la uke and the festival, scheduled at the same time, is gonna be a BIG bonus!

For those having trouble affording a trip to Hawaii, there's a relatively inexpensive hotel in Waikiki called The Royal Grove with a very convenient location. It's not fancy and doesn't have views but it does have kitchenettes.

Also, a car isn't necessary on Oahu. The bus system gives you unlimited rides for something like $25 for four days.

With a little bit of walking you can avoid Waikiki restaurant prices. Kapahulu and Wailae Ave have less expensive restaurants and there's always the Ala Moana food court. There are also supermarkets outside of Waikiki. Costco has pizzas and salads if you have a car.

I've done it frugally and enjoyed myself.

For those having trouble affording a trip to Hawaii, there's a relatively inexpensive hotel in Waikiki called The Royal Grove with a very convenient location. It's not fancy and doesn't have views but it does have kitchenettes.

Ssssshhhhhh! Don't let the secret out! :)

The downside is that in my experience, this place books up far in advance. Come to think of it... maybe I should start planning a trip for *next* year's ukulele festival...

Ha ha, some of us are just a wee skosh too old for that (must be under 45) :( ... although on the hostel subject, I don't think there's an age limit at the Y.

The ymca will be closed soon sold already, they had the penthouse for 79 bucks a day and was perfect for two
Yes these cheap hotels are not safe and some in the past had bed bugs.. you get what you pay for

so sorry andy, kimosabe, turtle drum and Trinimon you both going to miss it this year
Okay who else is coming in town... Peanuts too :)

I'm slowly getting closer! Last time I missed it by a week, this time I'm missing it by two days! ARGHHH! My nephew and I a pretty bummed out about it too. We're also missing out on the Haleiwa Art Festival up in the North Shore same wknd as Uke Fest!! I'm sooo pissed! Next time I'm gonna book on my schedule and not my sis. Hey Stan, I'm gonna try and hopefully hook up with you when I get back to Oahu on the 30th. :)

Top Bottom