New Uke day X2 (lessons learned)

Kevs-the-name

Reaction score
So, 2 new ukes in 2 days.

No.1, K brand special edition ukulele (used @£650 $1000)
I REALLY wanted this.. looked forward to it. Dreamt about it. Cosmetically it is stunning, and it is a brand I am very familiar with.
Upon receiving it, I was disappointed, it just didn’t ‘do it’ of me. My current uke sounded better, and I just knew it wasn’t for me. The FANTASTIC seller, offered a full refund instantly, so it was packaged up and returned to the post office within an hour! upset but acceptant.

No. 2, Within the next hour, I found a Magic Fluke Firefly. (always fancied one of these): Soprano neck, Hardwood fretboard, perfect condition, (used @£100 $155) Purchased and received next day: AND I LOVE IT.
Great sound, easy to play, looks good; what more can I ask?
So lesson learned there I think? VERY HAPPY
DSCF1280.jpgDSCF1275.jpg

Sorry you were disappointed with your K brand! It sucks having to return a uke, I know. But I'm glad you were able to return it easily. The travails of shopping from a distance, I suppose.

I love the firefly design on your new Firefly! While I'm not a banjolele person myself, I think all the Magic Fluke instruments look like fun!

I really want one of those fireflies! What was the k-brand that you returned? What were your issues with it (volume, intonation, etc)?

Congratulations Kev, it's nice to hear that things worked out well in the end. It's just one of those things I suppose, you never really know what a particular uke is going to be like until you sit with it for a while, even the big brands can sound quite average on occasions.

Congrats on your new banjolele! I've never really wanted one before, but now I want to learn a George Formby song, and I'm thinking that would be one heck of a lotta fun!

Congratulations Kev, it's nice to hear that things worked out well in the end. It's just one of those things I suppose, you never really know what a particular uke is going to be like until you sit with it for a while, even the big brands can sound quite average on occasions.

I think this has hit the nail on the head.
The ukulele was cosmetically stunning... Something else!
But, to my 'untrained' ear it was certainly average, especially compared to my own Koaloha.

I think this has hit the nail on the head.
The ukulele was cosmetically stunning... Something else!
But, to my 'untrained' ear it was certainly average, especially compared to my own Koaloha.

Some ukes can just be duds, even from K brands. So important when buying online to use a seller like yours.

Top Bottom