A summers evening with a friend

DownUpDave

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Winter is long and cold in Canada forcing us to spend a lot of time in doors. Last night was a lovely warm summers evening. I sat out on the deck after dinner with my Mya Moe tenor and played until dark. As that golden light of dusk enveloped us I realized just how beautiful the grain is on this sycamore ukulele.

It made me think of the recent post about "sound or looks" and realized how lucky I was with this uke to have both in spades. I was feeling all warm and fuzzy and just wanted to share that with all of you

.20150711_191603.jpg20150711_192303.jpg20150711_192338.jpg20150711_192423.jpg20150711_192443.jpg

It is a joy to be able to play outside and liberating as well. The only thing that chased me in doors were the mosquitos as the sun went down.

So get outside and make a joyful noise as often as you can. :cheers:

20150711_192549.jpg20150711_192759.jpg20150711_192809.jpg20150711_192845.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking ukulele there DUD.........you deck reminds me of sitting at my cabin at the lake doing the same. Sycamore is pretty special looking and sounding. MM have a good video of very similar made ukulele and IMHO that Sycamore MM sounds great.........we have to enjoy our nights out when weather is good! Cheers!

That is a great looking instrument, without any doubt. In the last year I have owned a few MM's. Some I have sold and some I still own. They were/are great instruments. I particularly like the restrained elegance of the brand ( beside of course the excellent tone and playability). I can not see a time when I will not have at least one Mya Moe in my collection.
Also, it sure is a treat to play your uke in your garden on a summer night.

A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a ukulele; what else does a man need to be happy?

Albert Einstein

DUD, I cleaned up my PM box if you want to try again!

A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a ukulele; what else does a man need to be happy?
Well, companionship and wine are nice, too. And a good computer. And some kachinas for spiritual protection. I also need my Snark.

Albert Einstein
Oooh, we'd better not go into his sexual history...

We have a poet walking amongst us. Beautiful sentiment Dave.

Marilyn is a looker for sure. And Purdy sounding too.

Top Bottom