Kala KA-SMHT

Highmiles

Reaction score
My new Kala arrived Friday from HMS. Since this was my first purchase from HMS, I had watched all of their videos. When I saw the tape on the package, I got tickled, because it was identical to the video. I soon learned that ALL the videos from HMS are accurate. They really care about giving you the best instrument they can. I am impressed. Of course the set up on the Kala is perfect, and I am thrilled with the way it plays. Very clear tone, and every nuance is picked up when strumming. Sound is rich and full, and you can tell it is a solid wood instrument. I like the neck width, but it might seem tight to some. Appearance is really good, and am happy to say that mine does not look at all artificial as one reviewer had reported. Volume is good, and construction seems pretty light, which might contribute to that. Overall, I am amazed at how much quality is packed into this ukulele at this price. It seems to be a real steal.

Congrats. I have a cutaway model with a pickup and like it a lot. It's light and has great tone. I'm a sucker for tortoise binding too. I have mine strung gCEA with wound 3 and 4...it's my "blues uke."

Congrats! I have the same uke, I've had it for almost 4 years. It sounds better every time I play it!

Top Bottom