Remembered - Ukulele Instrumental

thejumpingflea

Reaction score

I wrote this song 5 years ago when my Grandmother passed away after her battle with cancer. Today would be her 81st birthday. The last time I saw her was a few days before she passed and I knew it was going to be my chance to say goodbye. I had a couple hours before I could go see her so I decided to do an arrangement of her favorite song, The Rose. When I got there, she wasn’t recognizing many people, including myself, and you could tell that she was moving on. I decided that I’d play her favorite song for her before saying goodbye. As soon as I started playing the melody, she immediately recognized it and said, “The Rose, the rose. I love the rose.” I couldn’t believe that she knew the song so quickly despite her not even recognizing some family members. After she passed I wrote this song, using a similar chord progression and melody of The Rose, in honor of her and the fact that she always remembered her favorite song, all the way until the end. Rest in peace, Grandma! You are gone but never forgotten.

My favorite Matt Dahlberg song!

That was really lovely, and a wonderful tribute to your grandmother. I am glad I came upon it today, as today is the 15th anniversary of my grandmother's passing. Thanks for putting a smile on my face with your song.

Matt, that's a beautiful tune. That is a great way to honor your grandmother.

Thanks, Pippin!

That was really lovely, and a wonderful tribute to your grandmother. I am glad I came upon it today, as today is the 15th anniversary of my grandmother's passing. Thanks for putting a smile on my face with your song.

I still can't believe it's already been 5 years since she passed, I feel like it was just a couple days ago I last saw her. Thank you for the kind words.

Fabulous arrangement and super playing Matt. And thanks for sharing such a personal story about your Nanna's final hours. Just shows music goes places that words can't. All the best

Top Bottom