Sailor Brand Ukulele

sam13

Reaction score
Hello All,

I was chatting with Jim from Uke Republic, and he has some Sailor Brand Super Soprano's coming in ...

I must say they look fabulous ... He has some coming in about 3 to 4 weeks, and then more in November.

Any one play one of these Ukes? Any feed back?

Thanks.

Hey Eddie,

I didn't know actually ... thanks for the info ... just thought they looked sweet ...

Hey Eddie,

I didn't know actually ... thanks for the info ... just thought they looked sweet ...

Dude...........I think you were talking to MIKE not Jim. You did NOT know Sailor Brand was made by Loprinzi. That's it.........give back your offical UAS members card. You don't qualify if you don't know stuff like that.

Your embarrassing me :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Dude...........I think you were talking to MIKE not Jim. You did NOT know Sailor Brand was made by Loprinzi. That's it.........give back your offical UAS members card. You don't qualify if you don't know stuff like that.

Your embarrassing me :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

I meant Mike .... His last name is Jim. I didn't know Sailor was made by Lo Prinzi.

Go pet your Ukes. :rulez:

I meant Mike .... His last name is Jim. I didn't know Sailor was made by Lo Prinzi.

Go pet your Ukes. :rulez:

Touche' brother........touche'. You still need to give back your membership card

So anything we should think of buying from Uke Republic.......whats the word on juicy super sopranos

I played a Uke Republic cedar topped Sailor longneck soprano at the Tampa Bay Getaway last November. It may have been the best sounding little sucker that any of the vendors had on display. If not the best, at least awesome and in contention for the best. Great balanced tone, clear and loud. I was talking to an attendee who said she was looking for a super soprano, so I put Mike's Sailor in her hands and invited her to compare it to anything else, including the equivalent LoPrinzi branded model. She never put it down and ended up buying it. Same thing for the new Ohana 8 string Mike brought. Once the guy picked it up, he couldn't put it back down. Bought it. Maybe I should have been a uke salesman.

Last edited:
I own serial #1 Sailor brand uke & they are a great bargain for the quality. As another UU'er mentioned, they are actually mfg'd by LoPrinzi (which I also own) & I think they are still the only entirely continental US made ukes. They are made in small #'s by an established luthier using carefully hand picked woods.

And... "Sailor Jim" of Uke Republic is really Mike McQueen (one of the many "Mikes" of our ukulele ohana - not to be confused w/Mike Mulqueen of Moku, Mike Hater of Mainland Uke's, or even Mike Upton of KALA!)

Mahalo!

I think the Sailors are sweet ukes. My friend Annie bought a super soprano at TBUG last year. The finish is wearing off, and even some of the wood from the top is "Disappearing" from one spot. She does play the snot out of it, but didn't expect it to wear out that fast. I told her to send it back, because she can't get ahold of Donna.

I visited Uke Republic a couple of years ago and played almost every uke in the store, and then took home a Sailor Brand Cedar/Eucalyptus Soprano. They're great little ukes, I'd love to add a Sailor Brand Concert or Tenor to my stable some day! :cool:

I played a Uke Republic cedar topped Sailor longneck soprano at the Tampa Bay Getaway last November. It may have been the best sounding little sucker that any of the vendors had on display. If not the best, at least awesome and in contention for the best. Great balanced tone, clear and loud. I was talking to an attendee who said she was looking for a super soprano, so I put Mike's Sailor in her hands and invited her to compare it to anything else, including the equivalent LoPrinzi branded model. She never put it down and ended up buying it. Same thing for the new Ohana 8 string Mike brought. Once the guy picked it up, he couldn't put it back down. Bought it. Maybe I should have been a uke salesman.

You could be the match.com person for ukuleles.... connecting the right heart with the right uke..... every single time.

I have a Sailor Brand tenor in Honduran Mahogany. It's so, so sweet. The tone is the absolute sweetest I have out of all my ukes. The neck is perfection - thin and fast. All handmade by one guy. You absolutely cannot go wrong with a Sailor.

Handmade by one girl actually! Donna LoPrinzi.

Gosh - they are extremely easy to get by phone and email! I was just there with them yesterday hanging out and shopping and they are the absolute bee's knees! Would you like to private message me your friend's info and I can text it to Mike?

Thanks! Yes, the folks at Uke Republic are easy to contact. Donna LoPrinzi is not. She lives and works nearby, but I only see her at TBUG.

Top Bottom