PDA

View Full Version : It's happening!!

philpot
07-14-2015, 06:01 PM
After years of dreaming and an agonizing wait, I've been moved off of Mya Moe's waiting list and onto their build schedule. My serial number is 1863, and my string date is April 6, 2016. I can't even explain how unbelievably excited I am to finally be getting the ukulele I've dreamed of for the past four years. I can't wait to show it to you all ^.^

For those interested, I'll be getting a master grade koa tenor with maple binding, slotted headstock, pickup, and a custom inlay on the fretboard. I could not possibly be more excited. April better hurry up and get here!

God bless,

-Phil

Doc_J
07-14-2015, 06:20 PM
Congrats Phil! You are a patient man to be able to wait so long.

tigersister
07-14-2015, 06:20 PM
Congrats, Phil! The waiting is hard, but the pictures and updates make it a little more bearable.

Hms
07-15-2015, 01:00 AM
As of today I'm 192 on the wait list.
If Phil has gone on the build list at 1863, that could mean my build would be around number 2055. (Expected string date Jan 2017 to Mar 2017)
h

wickedwahine11
07-15-2015, 01:12 AM
Congratulations, I know what it is like to wait years for the uke of your dreams, but when it arrives you will be overjoyed. It sounds like it will be lovely. :)

Cornfield
07-15-2015, 01:15 AM
Mya-Moe ukuleles are well worth the wait. The first time you pick it up, you will fall in love with it.

PhilUSAFRet
07-15-2015, 01:25 AM
Congrats. Hoping it will be all you wanted and then some.

Gmoney
07-15-2015, 04:27 AM
Congratulations! You're gonna LOVE it! My Mya-Moe cured my UAS (almost completely). Only made token purchases since that momentous day,

stevejfc
07-15-2015, 04:55 PM
Congrats Phil. As Tom Petty once said "....the waiting is the hardest part".

hollisdwyer
07-15-2015, 08:53 PM
Congratulations Phil, your new MM sounds like she'll be a real beauty! I know I will always want to own at least one MM in my collection. I may be selling the ones I have now but will keep an eye out for another when the 'right one' becomes available (eg. A Resophonic ).

vanflynn
07-16-2015, 03:18 AM
Congrats on getting a start date. Looks like you picked out a nice combo there. Cant wait to see it done

I'm sure you are too!

CdnSouthpaw
07-16-2015, 11:44 AM
Maple binding on a Koa body should look great. Congrats on things getting moving:)

kvehe
07-16-2015, 12:30 PM
Great news!

philpot
07-18-2015, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the kind words, guys! I'll probably use this thread to give infrequent updates on the process over the next few months, when I pick my wood and whatnot :)

If anyone is interested, my inlay will be something along these lines:

The symbol is a Chi Rho, one of the oldest symbols used to represent Christ and Christianity. It has an amazing history, with which I shall not bore you, but it is incredibly significant to me because of my faith. I'd always sort of dreamed of getting a tattoo of it somewhere, but I suck at making decisions, so I figured getting it on a ukulele would be cheaper, and I wouldn't have to deal with the regret ;)

Thanks, everybody, for being a part of my ukulele journey. It's been a wild few years, and this forum has been a huge part of the happy days of my life.

-Phil

philpot
07-29-2015, 11:26 AM
Update: I chose my wood today! And man, is this set gorgeous. Pictures are up on the uke tracker!

http://www.myamoeukuleles.com/uketracker.php?trackingNumber=1863

sam13
07-29-2015, 11:44 AM
Update: I chose my wood today! And man, is this set gorgeous. Pictures are up on the uke tracker!

http://www.myamoeukuleles.com/uketracker.php?trackingNumber=1863

Congratulations ... very excited for you! The wood choice is stunning.

Christon Abike
07-29-2015, 11:56 AM
Crikey, that's an awfully long time to wait for a uke! No way I'd be able to do it! I'd also be worried my tastes would change in that time.

philpot
07-29-2015, 07:23 PM
Crikey, that's an awfully long time to wait for a uke! No way I'd be able to do it! I'd also be worried my tastes would change in that time.

Well, I've already been waiting for four years, so I've had a lot of time to think about what my dream uke would look like. This ukulele will have literally everything that I've ever wanted in a ukulele, construction-wise, so as long as I fall in love with the sound and playability, I'll be set :) I don't have any worries about my tastes changing, honestly.

Christon Abike
07-29-2015, 10:32 PM
Happy days then!

Nickie
07-31-2015, 02:58 AM
Beautiful wood! The website is awesome. It's so neat that they don't get in a hurry.

uke-garou
07-31-2015, 05:28 PM
Thanks for sharing. I didn't know they gave a build schedule like that. You need a ukulele advent calendar and put little ukuleles on it for each completion date. I think I would be staring at the build schedule to try to make it go faster.
Congrats. I am looking forward to seeing the finished ukulele.

philpot
09-13-2015, 06:28 PM
Unfortunately, it's looking like my excitement was premature. I had some surprise car trouble that's put me in a tough financial spot. Unless a miracle happens, it looks like I'm going to have to cancel my order. I had hoped to purchase the uke now because I have some big life events coming up over the next couple of years, so if I'm not able to get it now, I don't think I'll be able to justify my "dream uke" purchase for quite a few years yet. I'll let you know if something changes, but it looks like the dream was short lived. I don't think I've ever been this bummed about something. :/

johnson430
09-14-2015, 01:01 PM
Unfortunately, it's looking like my excitement was premature. I had some surprise car trouble that's put me in a tough financial spot. Unless a miracle happens, it looks like I'm going to have to cancel my order. I had hoped to purchase the uke now because I have some big life events coming up over the next couple of years, so if I'm not able to get it now, I don't think I'll be able to justify my "dream uke" purchase for quite a few years yet. I'll let you know if something changes, but it looks like the dream was short lived. I don't think I've ever been this bummed about something. :/

Sorry to hear this.
Have you thought about a "back-up uke" plan?
I am sure there are some ukes out there that might bring you happiness at a more cost effective price.
Have you seen the marketplace lately? This might be the time to get an already made uke at a good price.
:2cents:

turtledrum
09-14-2015, 01:54 PM

Any chance of a payment plan with Mya Moe?

philpot
09-14-2015, 02:04 PM
Sorry to hear this.
Have you thought about a "back-up uke" plan?
I am sure there are some ukes out there that might bring you happiness at a more cost effective price.
Have you seen the marketplace lately? This might be the time to get an already made uke at a good price.
:2cents:
I wouldn't be opposed to it if I could scrape together the funds, but I need to get my financials with the car worked out first.

Any chance of a payment plan with Mya Moe?
They actually have the really great option of putting payments down until the date the ukulele is finished, but payment is due in full when the uke is completed. I was planning on paying it off over the next few months, but now all my discretionary money is going towards a decent car.

Nickie
09-14-2015, 02:56 PM
Congrats! One of our TBUS members ust received his new MM, and he couldn't be happier. Our Prez has had one for quite a while, and he plays it more than any other uke.

Cassie
09-14-2015, 03:16 PM
Hey Phil, I'm having to go through something quite similar to what you're dealing with right now. I don't even own a single uke yet and I'm super excited about getting one for Christmas. I know what you're feeling. I just wish Christmas would hurry up and come. UAS is Driving me Crazy.

philpot
09-15-2015, 06:33 PM
Congrats! One of our TBUS members ust received his new MM, and he couldn't be happier. Our Prez has had one for quite a while, and he plays it more than any other uke.
Unfortunately I'll have to wait awhile longer for mine, per the above post :) thanks for the thoughts, though. Hopefully someday I'll be able to come back to them and snag my dream uke.

philpot
10-28-2015, 04:28 PM
Just sent my cancellation email. I kept hoping for a financial miracle, but with the freeze date approaching, I didn't want to inconvenience them with a late cancellation. I'm really quite bummed. Ah well, I can wait :) thanks for following with me on this anticlimactic journey.

-Phil

vanflynn
10-28-2015, 05:18 PM
Sorry to hear that Phil but just remember that the player is more important than the instrument.

Always more ukes out there but only one philpot. Keep enjoying