It's happening!!

philpot

Reaction score
After years of dreaming and an agonizing wait, I've been moved off of Mya Moe's waiting list and onto their build schedule. My serial number is 1863, and my string date is April 6, 2016. I can't even explain how unbelievably excited I am to finally be getting the ukulele I've dreamed of for the past four years. I can't wait to show it to you all ^.^

For those interested, I'll be getting a master grade koa tenor with maple binding, slotted headstock, pickup, and a custom inlay on the fretboard. I could not possibly be more excited. April better hurry up and get here!

God bless,

-Phil

Congrats Phil! You are a patient man to be able to wait so long.

Congrats, Phil! The waiting is hard, but the pictures and updates make it a little more bearable.

As of today I'm 192 on the wait list.
If Phil has gone on the build list at 1863, that could mean my build would be around number 2055. (Expected string date Jan 2017 to Mar 2017)
h

Congratulations, I know what it is like to wait years for the uke of your dreams, but when it arrives you will be overjoyed. It sounds like it will be lovely. :)

Mya-Moe ukuleles are well worth the wait. The first time you pick it up, you will fall in love with it.

Congrats. Hoping it will be all you wanted and then some.

Congratulations! You're gonna LOVE it! My Mya-Moe cured my UAS (almost completely). Only made token purchases since that momentous day,

Congratulations Phil, your new MM sounds like she'll be a real beauty! I know I will always want to own at least one MM in my collection. I may be selling the ones I have now but will keep an eye out for another when the 'right one' becomes available (eg. A Resophonic ).

Congrats on getting a start date. Looks like you picked out a nice combo there. Cant wait to see it done

I'm sure you are too!

Maple binding on a Koa body should look great. Congrats on things getting moving:)

Thanks for the kind words, guys! I'll probably use this thread to give infrequent updates on the process over the next few months, when I pick my wood and whatnot :)

If anyone is interested, my inlay will be something along these lines:
40c48c92fc805d0b28b2e4fecc9406b2.jpg

The symbol is a Chi Rho, one of the oldest symbols used to represent Christ and Christianity. It has an amazing history, with which I shall not bore you, but it is incredibly significant to me because of my faith. I'd always sort of dreamed of getting a tattoo of it somewhere, but I suck at making decisions, so I figured getting it on a ukulele would be cheaper, and I wouldn't have to deal with the regret ;)

Thanks, everybody, for being a part of my ukulele journey. It's been a wild few years, and this forum has been a huge part of the happy days of my life.

-Phil

Crikey, that's an awfully long time to wait for a uke! No way I'd be able to do it! I'd also be worried my tastes would change in that time.

Well, I've already been waiting for four years, so I've had a lot of time to think about what my dream uke would look like. This ukulele will have literally everything that I've ever wanted in a ukulele, construction-wise, so as long as I fall in love with the sound and playability, I'll be set :) I don't have any worries about my tastes changing, honestly.

Beautiful wood! The website is awesome. It's so neat that they don't get in a hurry.

Top Bottom