The Family Album - Please add your pics!

Camsuke

Reaction score
I was sorting a few old family photos recently and came across this one of my Dad playing the banjolele, the date on the back is 1947.
He played piano & ukulele and passed on his love of music to our family.
Truly wonderful memories, that's for sure.

Attachments

• img092.jpg
    img092.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 140
What an amazing photograph Cam. Beautiful. He has those folks in the palm of his hands. And a BRILLIANT idea for a thread. Best one in yonks. Can't wait to see it unfold mate.

I was sorting a few old family photos recently and came across this one of my Dad playing the banjolele, the date on the back is 1947.
He played piano & ukulele and passed on his love of music to our family.
Truly wonderful memories, that's for sure.

Wow!! That is a really neat picture! Thanks for sharing!

Yes Debby, it's neat to see these images, very special indeed.

We have an old National Triolian Resonator that my husband's grandpa played. We inherited it a few years ago, when his uncle passed away. I wish we had a pic of him playing it. You can tell he played it a lot.

That is an amazing photo! Thank you for sharing it with us. My grandmother had an old plastic uke, but I don't know if we have a picture of her with it.

Thinking hard, thinking back really hard there were no musicians nor music on either side of my family. Nobody played or sang anything at all..........no uncles, aunts, cousins, grandparents, nothing, nada!!!

At the again of 57 I am now starting a new trend. If I ever have grandchildren they will learn to play and sing. Time to start a new family tradition.

Thanks for the picture Cam, it is awesome.

no ukes, but me on the bass about 50 years ago...with Mom, my sister and Grandpa!
musicians.jpg

We have an old National Triolian Resonator that my husband's grandpa played. We inherited it a few years ago, when his uncle passed away. I wish we had a pic of him playing it. You can tell he played it a lot.
Please post a pic Debby, I'd love to take a look.

That is an amazing photo! Thank you for sharing it with us. My grandmother had an old plastic uke, but I don't know if we have a picture of her with it.
Hopefully there's one stashed away somewhere, have a dig around Laura!

Thinking hard, thinking back really hard there were no musicians nor music on either side of my family. Nobody played or sang anything at all..........no uncles, aunts, cousins, grandparents, nothing, nada!!!

At the again of 57 I am now starting a new trend. If I ever have grandchildren they will learn to play and sing. Time to start a new family tradition.

Thanks for the picture Cam, it is awesome.
Thanks Dave, if anyone has the enthusiasm to pass it on, it's you mate!

no ukes, but me on the bass about 50 years ago...with Mom, my sister and Grandpa!
View attachment 81605
This is simply wonderful, thanks for sharing! I just love the fashions of the day too!

Last edited:
My Dad (RIP) was well known to be quite the character. He was always wearing his infamous "derby" hat, and played a mean "air" fiddle. Caught this picture of him in all said glory back in the 1970s.

tsghdk_zpsd8gqad34.jpg

Great Picture. You should try to do a similar picture with yourself and friends, and place the pictures in side by side frames. This will be a great treasure for your future grandchildren who will then share it on UU.

My dad played uke but I'm sad to say there's no photographic evidence... I do have a handful of photos from his early years in Hawaii though. He worked on the Matson Lines Lurline between San Francisco and Honolulu in the years prior to WWII. This one's a favorite.

Scan 6.jpg

My Dad (RIP) was well known to be quite the character. He was always wearing his infamous "derby" hat, and played a mean "air" fiddle. Caught this picture of him in all said glory back in the 1970s.

tsghdk_zpsd8gqad34.jpg

My dad played uke but I'm sad to say there's no photographic evidence... I do have a handful of photos from his early years in Hawaii though. He worked on the Matson Lines Lurline between San Francisco and Honolulu in the years prior to WWII. This one's a favorite.

View attachment 81633

Really lovely pics Tudorp & Jane, these images become so precious as time goes by, thank for sharing.

Hi Campbell,

It's pretty small I agree. I'm at the end of the build project and am going to post video to introduce it to the uke world.

Regards

Uk-Al-lele

JerseyHolidayCamp.jpg

... from the 1950's, a local dance combo, not a ukulele in sight, I'm afraid, but Dad's brother, my uncle Reg, is on clarinet :)

Top Bottom